Page 318 of 644 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 318

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    technically, LC should get a person into NK right? Maybe not super deep, but I believe we have seen that that is only important for treating cancer. Any NK should reap all the benefits, and any LC should get you there. Now, if we are keeping our carbs and our proteins to the prescribed limits and only adjusting our fat, that should do it. Also, I believe that very low calories also helps get into NK or at least severely reduces BS. I would think that JUDDD would get you out of NK if you ate crap, but I don't see why we can't use it to get into NK when not eating crap.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    The crazy thing is that I got into NK at 75% fat 80+g protein 20g carb, 1800+ cals back in January. The key was patience, It took over 2 weeks to get there.

I got there faster at 85% fat and 60-75g protein 20g carb, 2000cals That took about a week to 10 days. I just didn't like it because I was having to drink two loaded BPCs to get that fat level.

This last two week run, the first week I ate 60-70g protein, 20g carb, 1400-1600 cals. NK took a week, but I really got into deep NK when I cut dairy and AS at the beginning of the second week.

Since I came out of NK this weekend, my new experiment is to see how long it takes to get back in this time. All other variables being the same.

I am one of those people who can get real info out of the ketostix.

The point of all of the above is that throughout each experiment, my carbs were super low, protein was never super high (under 100) and fat went up and down And calories were never extremely low. What changed was how long it took me to hit large ketones on the ketostix and to experience the other ketosis signs.

That is why I find it odd that all three of you other SPEED ladies are having such a hard time getting there. Weight loss is a PITA.

NO shit!!!!

I have pretty consistently kept my carbs below 30g (50g at the highest on rare occasion), protein has been under 100g (and well under most days) since mid-January, and fat has been the variable. Calories tend to hover between 1,500 and 2,000 averaging about 1,700. Honestly, I think that any color change I have seen in the ketostix has only been because they went from dry to wet.

My FBS has been right around 95 (except this morning at 110-no explanation for that one). So I don't really know what the deal is.

I lost a pound while in Texas only very loosely watching carbs and drinking diet cokes.

All of my food, when I am home, gets weighed and tracked. And truly that first 6 weeks I was very faithful with no tweaking and I gained weight and increased or had no change in my measurements.

But I have to say that so far this uddd is pretty easy. Although the easiest thing I have done in recent years is the Science of Slim, eating 10 veggies a day, with fairly high protein and lowish fat. But I didn't lose weight doing that either. And I stuck to that faithfully for 5 months.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Is NK possible with JUDDD? I am hoping it is because I am still of the understanding that being in NK aids weightloss. Or am I wrong..psh.. why is this so hard?!
    Yes. And the reason I'm still trying for NK isn't for weightloss - I did it for 3 months with no results. However, I believe it to be muscle sparing, which I think is important. {I could be totally wrong, but that's my current belief}

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I also wonder that if sticking to the daily average would yield the same weight loss as JUDDD without having to endure the extreme low cal days (personally I find not eating easier than eating just a little) but I donít know if fasting for the day will keep you in NK.
    I think it depends on the person. I cannot do (well) a 24 hour fast, but feel great with one meal at 300-500 calories. It's weird. I would say this -- for me only. My body REALLY likes stability. I get into habits very easily and then they are hard to break (this happens to be my problem with sleep right now). I think this is why the same calories each day don't work all that well. My body likes 160 lb, likes the # of calories. But, seems like when I mix things up, it doesn't try to "stick". [Hopefully, though, this stability thing helps me in maintenance]

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Alas, I am beginning to feel very lonely.

I really hope this works for you all. I must say, sadly, that I do not intend to travel this one with you. I am still seeing excellent results on my NK n=1 especially after I dropped dairy and artificial sweeteners.
    I don't know what I was doing wrong, but 3 months, no results. That's why I'm trying to combine NK with JUDDD. If I had your results, I wouldn't be tweaking a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    I'm curious to know how doing JUDDD will get you into NK
    I don't know this, but the IF people claim that fasting puts you into ketosis. I speculate, based on how I'm feeling, that I'm in mild ketosis. Some day, I'll get a monitor and be able to tell for sure

That is why I find it odd that all three of you other SPEED ladies are having such a hard time getting there. Weight loss is a PITA.
    I think I'm very sensitive to protein. Like, much more than 50 g is too much. Also, I speculate as I mentioned earlier, that my body likes stability and combining NK + JUDDD might be what my crazy body needs.

Well i have run out of time and stomach space to get all of the calories in for my ud today. Never thought i would ever say anything like that.

Happens to me a lot. Crazy, huh?

Very!

So I think yesterday was pretty successful.

Weight today (after an up day) 269.4, up 1.4
    Calories...1893
    Net Carbs...17g/4% (I was trying to stay under 15g Net, this may not be totally realistic, will hold to below 20g on up days)
    Total Carbs....38g (I was trying to stay under 30g total, again for up days maybe allow up to 50g)
    Fat.......165g/ 85%
    Protein....70g/15% (goal to stay under 75g)
    Steps....7564
    Sleep...worse than lousy I was in bed for 7 hours, that is because I finally gave up and just got up. I actually slept for 4hours and 52 minutes I woke up 7 times, all significant lengths of time, for 73% efficiency. DH was snoring up a storm.

Today is my down day and I am slated to eat below 500 calories, hopefully closer to 450, we will see how it goes. Hoping that my konjac noodles came in, I had them shipped to work.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    The crazy thing is that I got into NK at 75% fat 80+g protein 20g carb, 1800+ cals back in January. The key was patience, It took over 2 weeks to get there.

I got there faster at 85% fat and 60-75g protein 20g carb, 2000cals That took about a week to 10 days. I just didn't like it because I was having to drink two loaded BPCs to get that fat level.

This last two week run, the first week I ate 60-70g protein, 20g carb, 1400-1600 cals. NK took a week, but I really got into deep NK when I cut dairy and AS at the beginning of the second week.

Since I came out of NK this weekend, my new experiment is to see how long it takes to get back in this time. All other variables being the same.

I am one of those people who can get real info out of the ketostix.

The point of all of the above is that throughout each experiment, my carbs were super low, protein was never super high (under 100) and fat went up and down And calories were never extremely low. What changed was how long it took me to hit large ketones on the ketostix and to experience the other ketosis signs.

Paula, I have been keeping my calories and protein in line, carbs at 20g or less and STILL have not hit ketosis. Totally baffled at this point. Weightloss sucks.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ooh, sorry about the sleep. My DH, who does not snore a lot, has been snoring recently (beer, I think....).

Hope the noodles come

What's on the menu for today?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I ordered some shiratake noodles. Are they the same kind of thing?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.