Page 317 of 608 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 6078

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 317

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am going to guess that if you keep low carb and moderate protein that NK is possible with JUDDD. However since I don't seem to be able to get into NK, I am not going to stress over it.

I am thinking that I will not eat over 25g to 30g of protein in a sitting, and total carbs for all days will be no more than 30g with net being no more than 15g. So that pushes my daily total of possible protein up as high as 90g if I reach the upper limit for all three meals-which is unlikely. More likely my protein on ud's may go up as high as 75g. On dd's my carbs may creep up a bit as I use veggies as filler, we will have to see.

I think that what I have decided to do for travel, now and in general, is to go as low carb as possible, not worry about uddd, and start it back on the day I get back. For me, LC is very easy when I travel, even if I am with DH or whoever.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I was thinking on UD's that that was where I could occasionally have an apple or such. Remembering though to keep my carbs in check.

I am struggling to get into NK too... its frustrating.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    It’s very interesting to see how everyones JUDDD experiments are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Is NK possible with JUDDD? I am hoping it is because I am still of the understanding that being in NK aids weightloss. Or am I wrong..psh.. why is this so hard?!
    Yes. Once you have found your carb & protein levels to get you into NK (that is the hard part) you just need to keep the amounts the same on both days & use your fat to meet your daily calorie needs. NK not only aids weightloss, it also feeds the brain its optimum nutrition so has many other benefits too.

I am still not convinced JUDDD is right for me as there seems to be a number of anomalies with the protocol but I think a JUDDD thread is a great idea as it will enable you all to help & inform others as you continue on your journeys, just like the EMF thread has done

PS: I have just put my info into his calculator & I get UD 1771 DD 354 giving me a daily average across the 2 days of 1062.

UPDATE: I have just worked out I can get a menu I could live with using my NK macros & 360 cal so it is possible. Maybe I will think about trying it a bit further in the future.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-25-2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: PS/UPDATE

I don't consider it terribly different than an IF protocol. I admit I have not read his full website, so maybe if I did I would have more issues. But I am, as always, doing what works for me. When I get home and really start it in April, I will work harder to get my macros worked out. But since I don't know what it will take to get me into NK, it may be difficult to pin those down.

I think it depends on how you do it. If you stick to say 1 meal on your DD then it would become an IF. If you spaced it out over the course of a day then I'm not so sure because you would just be lowering calories. The digestive processes etc would still be working so you may not be getting the full benefit of IF. Also, as I understand it a daily fast window is better than IF because you get the IF benefits daily.

I also wonder that if sticking to the daily average would yield the same weight loss as JUDDD without having to endure the extreme low cal days (personally I find not eating easier than eating just a little) but I don’t know if fasting for the day will keep you in NK.

Like I said, all of this is something that I have not looked into in enough detail right now to convince myself this would be the right way for me at this stage. But I'm glad it is suiting you & I’m loving RMS123’s success so far. I have also just finished reading Steph Drays JUDDD journey over on LowCarbFriends (although I'm not sure how much her success is down to the diet supplement she was taking) & it’s certainly something I am going to consider further in the future.

In the meantime I shall continue to follow all your discussions on this topic with interest.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-25-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Actually the reading I have done on this (which I admit was a cursory scan) indicates that up to about 500 calories your body acts like it is fasting, no matter how you spread it out. I will likely drink a few calories at "breakfast" and "lunch" and eat my dinner. Mostly so I will be able to tolerate my meds and supplements.

For me, because I get every other day that seems like I am cheating it makes it easy (so far) to endure the more restrictive dd's. Also, oddly, it is having many more positive effects than when I have done day to day restrictions. I have been dieting since I was an 8th grader-so you name a diet I can almost guarantee I have done it! Except for this-weird. My doc, at my last appointment, actually suggested alternating not only calories in but also calories out. She had just been to a lecture by a prof who had done a study, about to be published, that showed many benefits of mixing things up or alternating high and low.

And since what I was doing was not giving me results in any measure, I figure it is worth a try. Especially since as I get to goal I could easily use a version of this (maybe a 5:2 instead of every other day) to maintain.

p.s. I just tweaked my food for today, and it may be a bit of work to keep the proteins down on ud's.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Alas, I am beginning to feel very lonely.

I really hope this works for you all. I must say, sadly, that I do not intend to travel this one with you. I am still seeing excellent results on my NK n=1 especially after I dropped dairy and artificial sweeteners.

That said, I agree that you should not eat junk food on UDs. That just seems so counter productive to health. I think DG has the right idea for DDs as well-keep protein and carbs the same, lower fat. Keep up the good work.

Paula, I just think of this as a variation on the EMF/NK experiment. So I don't feel like we are leaving you, just working within the protocol to get where you are success wise.

I agree that basically my carb and protein limits are the same and it is pretty much just the fat that gets moved about. And while I enjoy the stevia in my drinks, I am finding the desserts (things I make at home) are unsatisfying and not worth wasting time/money/calories on. So I will definitely not be eating any thing that resembles junk to meet the caloric goals. As I read the JUDDD journals, it looks to me like the "treats" are the beginning of the end so to speak. Basically once they let those sugars/grains/carbs creep up it makes everything harder.

I can see where on rare occasion I may indulge in something I made, but since I don't really do that anymore except for a few birthdays, it will be very rare.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Paula- I am trying this to get into NK. NK seems like the snipe from hell for me. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Paula- I am trying this to get into NK. NK seems like the snipe from hell for me. LOL
    I'm curious to know how doing JUDDD will get you into NK