Page 315 of 661 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 6603

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 315

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, Honey was saying yesterday that he found himself getting up to get something to eat, just because he was bored, not because he was hungry. I think he was surprised to realize how much of a mindless habit, some of his eating might be.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Yes, Honey was saying yesterday that he found himself getting up to get something to eat, just because he was bored, not because he was hungry. I think he was surprised to realize how much of a mindless habit, some of his eating might be.
    oh my yes.. its a terrible hait for me too..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am going to do a down day tomorrow. Until April 1st I think what i am going to do is to do my up days and down days as convenient during travel, then get very serious about staying below the 500 on the down days and alternating them exactly as prescribed in the protocol.

makes sense. How much more travel is there?
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    DDs ARE challenging when traveling. Your plan sounds like a good one to get you through the craziness. I'll probably do something similar when we go to NY in May. It's just going to be too hard to alternate while I'm with the inlaws for a week.

So what I did this past trip worked well. Scale wise I lost 1.6 pounds and that was after what ended up being an Up Day. Also, I felt good, food wise it was easier than worrying about the macros while I was gone and getting food from sources where they could add what ever and I didn't know what that would be. (restaurants and caterers).

I have one trip to Cleveland this week, with Dh and DS, so I will play it by ear. These things are always easier when it is just me and the kid.

Sleep last night was crazy! I actually slept 9 hours and 52 minutes (that is not a typo!!!) out of 10:20 in bed which is a 98% efficiency. While away this week I have been remembering my dreams. For me this usually means that I have awakened mid dream, thus messing with my deep sleep/REM. And spent time looking for caffeine at the many meetings/tours/events that were planned for the 2 days we were actually in Fort Worth. The odd thing is I feel a bit lethargic, and a little creaky/stiff. It is cold and rainy and we are looking for snow tonight though.

Today is a Day Down so it is helpful that I woke up so late, I am just finishing up my Matcha with homemade coconut milk and it is almost noon!

I need to go upstairs and pack up and catalog all of the clothes we took out of DS's closet and drawers that no longer fits, so I can take it off to the Goodwill store. Then general housekeeping.

So he is applying all over? Has he looked at KU or KSU? lol
    Karin

He has it narrowed down to 3 schools, one in TN, one in TX, and one in OH. No Kansas ones, and none in California or even Hawaii (not sure why my kids didn't try to get a fun trip out of their college visits?)

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the loss. Are you moving back into new losses or still bouncing around?

What does DS want to study? Engineering?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am still bouncing around technically. I hit 266.4 in this most recent go round of experiments, and I weighed 267 this morning, so I am close. I think 255 is the lowest I have been since I went Primal.

Yes, DS is going into Engineering. Not sure what kind yet, but that is ok, he doesn't have to narrow it down until spring in his sophomore year. At UTK they put the students through a series of classes that are meant to help them decide. Not so much at TCU, not sure about Case Western yet.

So here is the weirdness for today... my FBS was 110?

Yesterday's stats...
    Calories....603 - this is 103 over my upper limit for dd's and 160 over my 20% for dd's
    Net Carbs...14g/10% - this is 1g under my goal for this
    Total Carbs....28g - this is 2g under my goal for this
    Fat.....41g/65% - I have not got limits on this except as it works into my calorie limits
    Protein...36g/25% - my upper limit goal for this is 70g for ud's I have not set one for dd's

I have been skimming through the link that Ruth put in Karin's journal about the woman who has been doing the JUDDD and writing about it for a few months now. I think that it is helping me to crystallize what I will do with my journey. For the most part I intend to keep sugar and grains out of my diet even on ud's, I will allow small amounts of in-season fresh fruit in on ud's though. I am going to focus on staying low-carb on both days though and worry less about the protein and fat, although I do not intend to go crazy with protein.

What I am feeling is similar to what she was saying, that I am noticing that I am getting picky about what I want to eat. On the dd's because I get so little food, and on the ud's because I want to really have yummy stuff to make up for the dd's spartanness. This is a very good thing.

I am also becoming very aware of how hunger actually feels, not in a bad way mind you. Hunger for me is no longer a horrible experience. It used to make me feel light headed and nauseous, now it is a gurgle in the upper abdomen. Not sure exactly why it is different, but feel like it has to do with blood sugar, and thus the reason I plan to stay low carb.