Page 310 of 665 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 6648

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 310

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your first set of up and down days. Sounds like they both went well. And what a great compliment to receive about your age. You must be glowing.

I am doing something interesting with tracking my weight that you might be interested in, with your love of stats. I'm making two weight graphs. One is normal, with every day tracked, and my weight zigzagging up and down. I do shade in the down day columns to see where my calorie restriction falls with the numbers.

But the second graph is the one I am really liking. I chart two different lines: a thick line for my morning-after-down-day numbers, and a thin line for my morning-after-up-day numbers. This way, instead of a zig-zag, which can be mentally disheartening, even if you know the general trend is downward, I am seeing two lines, both going down. I like looking at it, I must confess. (They overlap. As the horizontal markings I just use day 1, day 2, day 3, etc of whichever type it is. The Up day line will gradually get a little longer, as I slip a few extras in, here and there.)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Fun! Thanks. I need to get DS to help me set up a graph on the computer, so that way not only do I get the graphs, I learn a new skill.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hurray for Primal beauty!

Last night at the show, my theater friends kept stopping me and saying how beautiful I looked. I had only lost 5 lbs since I saw them last.
    Love this!!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Fun! Thanks. I need to get DS to help me set up a graph on the computer, so that way not only do I get the graphs, I learn a new skill.
    I am loving my excel spreadsheet.. yes, me who hates tracking
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I love me some spreadsheets, too.

Sounds like your dd went well. Mine too.

So up day way less successful. Once again planning would have helped. But i had a sense that since it was an up day and i could eat whatever i wanted. The biggest problem is i ate past comfort. I will be more careful with my next one.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I definitely ate more corned beef than I needed last night, on my up day. But it was so tasty, and it was St. Patrick's Day! I regret nothing.

The planning helps me big time! I've went a little over on a few UDs, but seems like things are still okay. I think with the 2 day average, there's some wiggle room.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Can not wait to see data girls!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269.4 up 3 it was an "Up Day"
    Sleep= 9:35 96% efficiency -that is no typo-I slept for 9:35 of 10:10 hours in bed! LOVE spring break!
    Urine Ketones= gonna wait till the FBS comes down
    Blood Ketones= not today-waiting for FBS to drop
    FBS= 96 slowly getting lower
    Calories = 2371
    Net Carbs = 100g/17% I need to keep a closer eye on this one!
    Fat= 180g/69%
    Protein= 80g/14%
    Steps = 4565 I didn't do the treadmill-basically forgot it, and spent the day piddling around the house.

So for my future up days, I am going to be sure to pre-track, not doing that makes it very difficult. Also, I am going to try to keep my carb and protein counts within my "normal" ranges and just add fat to up the calories. That way I won't get "used to" more food and start thinking "oh, it is an up day so not a problem" and eat things that are not a great idea, which is of course what I did last night with the SF "cake" I had meant to be breakfast bars for DS for the drive

Anyway, on my down days, I will likely rely more heavily on green veggies since I get more volume for less calories and it will still manage to keep my net carbs under 20g. What will end up happening is that my fat will be way low even as a percentage of the total. So I am thinking that if I follow my idea to keep the carbs and protein in tight check and increase the fat on my Up Days that will make up the difference over the 2 day average. I ordered a case of konjac noodles (no soy, just glucomannon) to add to caggabe stir frys for my down days.

My morning routine was off yesterday morning, and so I just totally forgot the treadmill, weird. I will be sure to do it today as it is raining so my planned day of yard work will not materialize, rats.

The other thing I did was to add UpDay weights as a separate measurement to track in MFP, so I will have the data separated all out for when I figure out how to make graphs on the computer.

I need a lot of fluids today I feel puffy and dehydrated.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OMG, yesterday, I could not even barely get my rings off. I chugged a ton of water and then had 2 cups of tea with ACV when I came home.

What's the texture of the konjac noodles? The sound interesting...