Page 308 of 606 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 6052

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 308

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    And, yes, planning and pre tracking on DD helps me a lot.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Fantastic am sure dropping these (especially the AS) will help your binging. I promise you do get used to unsweetened food. I have not had sugar or AS for a year now & I find 85% chocolate & strawberries too sweet to eat
    I actually did it about a year ago and then convinced myself that it didn't make a difference. It did, I hit a low weight at that time.

I know that the AS burns out the sweet receptors in you tongue. I don't think for me it causes increased cravings. I binge whether on them or off them. The possibility of insulin release is interesting though.

Rosedale talks about the high saturated fat content of dairy and red meat. We'll see if going without it makes a difference.

Funny. I do better with red meat. I do not do well with a lot of chicken, etc. But, I'm convinced that we are different. DH, for example, really does well with chicken.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    ok, so I will be trying the JUDD with Ruth and I think Sabine. Tomorrow will be my first up day as I will be eating lunch and dinner out. Saturday will be a down day, which should not be overly hard because I have to work 1 to 5 which encompasses my witching hour.

I am going to continue tracking and doing blood sugar and plan to start blood ketones as soon as BS drops into the 80's. My goals are to keep close to my macro percentages 80/15/5 or 75/18/7 no matter what day I am on. My up days will be up to 2250 calories and my down days I will shoot for below 450 calories.

Edit...I am actually pretty good staying close to vegetarian, adding a bit of seafood and the occasional bacon is great with me. I have been doing less seafood and doing bacon daily to try to keep my percentages right.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Alright, I am going to start dropping Dairy and Artificial Sweeteners tomorrow, with the goal of being totally clean of them by 3/22.

I was wondering if the AS might have been contributing to the binges. It will be interesting to see if giving them up makes a difference at all.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    ok, so I will be trying the JUDD with Ruth and I think Sabine. Tomorrow will be my first up day as I will be eating lunch and dinner out. Saturday will be a down day, which should not be overly hard because I have to work 1 to 5 which encompasses my witching hour.

I am going to continue tracking and doing blood sugar and plan to start blood ketones as soon as BS drops into the 80's. My goals are to keep close to my macro percentages 80/15/5 or 75/18/7 no matter what day I am on. My up days will be up to 2250 calories and my down days I will shoot for below 450 calories.

Edit...I am actually pretty good staying close to vegetarian, adding a bit of seafood and the occasional bacon is great with me. I have been doing less seafood and doing bacon daily to try to keep my percentages right.

Is it possible that JUDD will stop you getting into NK?

If the %s are "right", it may actually help. I think that's why the fasting doc suggested patients start with a 3 day fast.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am not in NK so it cant be worse. My main goals are health and weight loss and NK is secondary really. But this isnt that different from IF so i anticipate it will help me get into NK.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Is it possible that JUDD will stop you getting into NK?
    In the book, there is a mention that there were (blood test) indications of ketosis, but they don't go into it a lot, as it wasn't one of their points of interest.

Oh, and I am doing a complete fast on my down days, and finding it easier each time. And I am not bingeing on the up days. I haven't had any sense of, I can eat this day, let's really go to town. The only tendency that way is that if I am hungry late at night, I will eat, because I know I am not eating the next day. But I AM hungry at least, I'm not stuffing food in just because I can.
    Last edited by Sabine; 03-15-2013 at 06:07 AM. Reason: food stuff

Have fun on the visit today. Bet you'll get all of your steps for sure today!!!