Page 306 of 609 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 6088

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 306

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    why unsalted butter?
    When I first started this WOE I tried using salted butter (I bought a load in the sale at the beginning) but it made me feel quite ill so I switched to unsalted for putting in my broth & for cooking with (I haven't used salt for years) . Since then I occasionally eat the salted if I am roaming the fridge, even though it still affects me, because it tastes nice & has no protein, so its now all in the freezer.

I have been following all the discussions on salt with interest but still don't salt anything & haven't been able to find any commercial broth I would want to drink. If I get any of the apparent symptoms or when I start exercising & its hot, then I will think again.

I suppose I could just use CO for cooking but prefer to get my fats from a range or sources & butter is a lot cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Alright, I am going to start dropping Dairy and Artificial Sweeteners tomorrow, with the goal of being totally clean of them by 3/22.

Fantastic am sure dropping these (especially the AS) will help your binging. I promise you do get used to unsweetened food. I have not had sugar or AS for a year now & I find 85% chocolate & strawberries too sweet to eat

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    good luck. I guess I just don't want to lose weight enough to put myself through that just yet.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Well, here is the deal. I am not giving up dairy or AS, not right now. I will cut it way back, as far as I can and not feel deprived, but geez lets be reasonable here. My first and last teas of the day are going to be loaded up with HWC, butter, and stevia. I can switch my butter out for coconut oil or MCT in the broth, and just drink the rest of my tea without fat, but I like sweet and I honestly think that drinking it keeps me out of the sugar sweets in the house, so I am reticent to give it up.
    I have two divergent thoughts. When I first figured out I had to give up gluten, I didn't think I could do it. I did. Then I found I couldn't do dairy. I did it. Then I gave up grains. I haven't looked back. Then fruit. More recently, nuts, avocados, olives, etc. have been limited. So, can we do these things and feel okay? Yes. But, for most of us, not at once.

Having said that, there should really be some enjoyment in our food. If a little stevia brightens our day, but doesn't cause binges or other really obvious side effects, I say go for it. Also, all of us have lost weight before (although I'd say we've struggled to keep it off). Surely, and I have to believe, there is a plan out there where we don't have to be so exact (because it's nearly impossible anyway) and that allows us to take the weight off. Really, there has to be. Driving ourselves so crazy and not being able to eat anything or enjoy what we eat? That's not sustainable. I'm ready and willing to make changes, and recognize that I have to work harder than others, but it has to be reasonable. And, frankly, most of us are not looking to take off those "vanity" pounds - which might require such craziness and exactness.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Fantastic am sure dropping these (especially the AS) will help your binging. I promise you do get used to unsweetened food. I have not had sugar or AS for a year now & I find 85% chocolate & strawberries too sweet to eat
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Alright, I am going to start dropping Dairy and Artificial Sweeteners tomorrow, with the goal of being totally clean of them by 3/22.

I am going to use the last of my HWC, throw the cream cheese in the freezer with the cheese (I do not eat it much anyway) and then switch to coconut milk. I am keeping the butter in though unless it becomes problematic. I think he said he did not count butter in with dairy as its mostly fat. I will be interested in your progress with AS.. I need to drop it but might wait until summer. No way I can travel by car and not have it LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Over the last few weeks my focus has shifted from losing the weight to being able to eat when hungry & listen to my body to know when to stop. When I do that I believe the weight will come off & more importantly stay off. But to do that I need to get rid of whatever is causing me to over eat so temptation must be banished.

Oh, I am sure I could do it, but I will have to get to a point where I really believe I need to. I have quit smoking, I had been a vegetarian for years, I have given up coffee, grains, fruits, sugar, many vegetables, most nuts, nearly all alcohol (left with a glass of wine or beer once or twice a month at most), I rarely get to have sex, never get to go dancing, shit, I have to stop I am making myself depressed-don't wanna have a binge about the things I can't have!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Oh, I am sure I could do it, but I will have to get to a point where I really believe I need to. I have quit smoking, I had been a vegetarian for years, I have given up coffee, grains, fruits, sugar, many vegetables, most nuts, nearly all alcohol (left with a glass of wine or beer once or twice a month at most), I rarely get to have sex, never get to go dancing, shit, I have to stop I am making myself depressed-don't wanna have a binge about the things I can't have!
    agreed.. unfortunately, I think I am there
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am not even close!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'm fighting it every step of the way. My latest developments (that I do best on mostly all animals) haven't really thrilled me.