Page 305 of 547 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 5465

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 305

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I just saw today's Diet Doctor blog about "optimal ketosis" and he says he will post more details about his N=1 experiment as well as strategies for people who are still having trouble getting into ketosis.
    where is this?

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I don't think we need as much protein as I once believed, but at some point, it's gotta not get too low.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yes, Very interesting. ARGH!!!!!

In order to get to JM's 85%, I have to eat 2000 calories. I am only able to do that by having 2 mega bullet proof coffees a day. It doesn't feel right. Eventually, I want to be eating REAL food. I'd rather eat fewer calories.
    When we first started this, I was using the optimal diet macros in out first post. I was eating a normal amount of protein and about 70-75% fat and it felt more balanced.

Tomorrow is the end of the week. I may ratchet my fat back down to 70%ish. That way I can easily drop dairy as I have been wanting to do. And those damn artificial sweeteners which I have been using at an alarming rate. I know when I dropped dairy and AS once before, I had a big drop in weight.

at the situation.
    me too! I so do not want to drop dairy either but to get into NK I might have to.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    It does seem to work different for men. Here's a woman doing well on nk. Ketosis Done Right: Meet Anne
    checking it out.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=268.4 down .8 my feet and fingers are still a bit puffy today
    Sleep= 7:32 93% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= gonna wait till the FBS comes down
    Blood Ketones= not today-waiting for FBS to drop
    FBS= 99
    Calories = 1737
    Net Carbs = 13g/3%
    Fat= 158g/83%
    Protein= 62g/14%
    Steps = 9481

Not quite sure why my FBS is not coming down? I am going to explore that link from DG and see what I can learn. I have not been able to reach 85% for the same reasons, I am simply not going to eat a tablespoon of coconut oil straight.

I will plod along, tomorrow I go for a college visit so my timing will be off and we are going to eat lunch out.
    I dont want to either. Curious as to how to get high fat minus the dairy...

If I give up butter and cream I don't think I could make 50% fat. Plus the enjoyment factor would be really low (which would also be the case if I have to give up stevia-which is the only AS I currently use)
    truth.. what to do??

I never did the control for the BS, so I will do one tonight (I was trying not to waste a stick) and see if that makes a difference tomorrow morning. I still can't figure out how to use that darn lancet thingy, I just stab myself, so tiny it doesn't hurt at all and there is no residual pain, so I will just go with it.
    I ordered more sticks and they sent me a free bottle of BS and 2 more ketone

As to the pain, I feel that little prick. Grr.. the lancent works best for me on 5 and then make sure its straight up and down before clicking the trigger
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    It can be done without dairy (although I eat butter and ghee - if those don't work, you could easily use lard, tallow, coconut oil, etc.) or nuts, but it is more challenging, especially at higher calorie levels. I eat: (i) very fatty cuts of meat; (ii) add fats to my meats -- I pore the extra fat over my food so I eat all of the calories; and (iii) make a small treat using butter or ghee (I've done coconut oil, but I don't respond well to it), a tad of unsweetened cocoa powder, and stevia. If you can tolerate non-animal sources of fats, you can add avocado, olives, etc.

Of course, this is not necessarily desirable for everyone

hmmm.. minus the nuts it looks plausible.. it will take more conscious thought to get it all in I think.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well, here is the deal. I am not giving up dairy or AS, not right now. I will cut it way back, as far as I can and not feel deprived, but geez lets be reasonable here. My first and last teas of the day are going to be loaded up with HWC, butter, and stevia. I can switch my butter out for coconut oil or MCT in the broth, and just drink the rest of my tea without fat, but I like sweet and I honestly think that drinking it keeps me out of the sugar sweets in the house, so I am reticent to give it up.

I agree... at this time I am more prone to give up HWC instead of AS. However, I think the AS will have to go at some point. I figure if your body does not recognize it as AS and thinks its still sugar, that might be a problem. Does this mean no sweet again??
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am going to put off judgement on that but my current thinking is that I won't be able to do it, nor do I want to.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I've been reading the diet doctors experiment with NK. He seems to see nuts & cream as cheats. Not sure why. I am going to give up the nuts (they have all been put at the back of the freezer) & I have just run out of cream. The cream cheese has also run out. If I am going to over eat I will also go for the Kerrygold butter which is salted. This has just gone in the freezer. So, going forward, the only dairy I shall be having for the next week will be grass fed, organic unsalted butter (I cannot this eat this on its own) & raw cheddar which I do not binge on anyway. Maybe that will get me out of my stall. At the very least it might stop my fat cravings.

Thank you everyone for giving me the momentum to do this.

why unsalted butter?
    Karin

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I really am brain dead - Have put this post where it should be sorry
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-14-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Alright, I am going to start dropping Dairy and Artificial Sweeteners tomorrow, with the goal of being totally clean of them by 3/22.