Page 303 of 607 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 6063

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 303

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes. But i just have a really hard time thinking that to get to ideal (for health) weight that this much precision is required. I k ow that doing straight Atkins I lost 22 lbs then adding primal into the mix stopped it and everything i have done since has started me in the other direction. Crazy

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Since starting my n=1 on low protein my BF has dropped by over a % point in 2 weeks. This has never happened to me before. After an initial drop, .LBM is steadily climbing again. I am so glad I have stuck to it & didn't start tweaking when the LBM was falling, but I do miss my high protein meals. It would be lovely to sit down to a whole chicken breast again.

Re our discussion on macros I have just read this:

Weight of the Evidence: Search results for Does "Nutritional Ketosis" Require 85% Fat?

very interesting

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Very interesting. ARGH!!!!!

In order to get to JM's 85%, I have to eat 2000 calories. I am only able to do that by having 2 mega bullet proof coffees a day. It doesn't feel right. Eventually, I want to be eating REAL food. I'd rather eat fewer calories.
    When we first started this, I was using the optimal diet macros in out first post. I was eating a normal amount of protein and about 70-75% fat and it felt more balanced.

Tomorrow is the end of the week. I may ratchet my fat back down to 70%ish. That way I can easily drop dairy as I have been wanting to do. And those damn artificial sweeteners which I have been using at an alarming rate. I know when I dropped dairy and AS once before, I had a big drop in weight.

at the situation.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I agree. The precision seems nuts. And, Paula, from my fat fast, anything above 80% seems like not enough "real" food. I know, for me, I wasn't getting enough fat before. But too much can be crazy as well.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Somehow, when I read personal diet experiences from men, I am just not as impressed. I guess I am always thinking, 'yeah, but he's a guy.' The male and female difference in weight loss seems so extreme to me, almost like we are different species. I know most doctors (including ones doing work in nutrition) are still male, so I guess I should let that bias go, but given how many times I have followed a male's weight loss advice and failed, it might be a hard one for me.

It does seem to work different for men. Here's a woman doing well on nk. Ketosis Done Right: Meet Anne

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=268.4 down .8 my feet and fingers are still a bit puffy today
    Sleep= 7:32 93% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= gonna wait till the FBS comes down
    Blood Ketones= not today-waiting for FBS to drop
    FBS= 99
    Calories = 1737
    Net Carbs = 13g/3%
    Fat= 158g/83%
    Protein= 62g/14%
    Steps = 9481

Not quite sure why my FBS is not coming down? I am going to explore that link from DG and see what I can learn. I have not been able to reach 85% for the same reasons, I am simply not going to eat a tablespoon of coconut oil straight.

I will plod along, tomorrow I go for a college visit so my timing will be off and we are going to eat lunch out.
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-14-2013 at 05:08 AM. Reason: fitbit finally answered the computer and gave up its info

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    When we first started this, I was using the optimal diet macros in out first post. I was eating a normal amount of protein and about 70-75% fat and it felt more balanced.

Tomorrow is the end of the week. I may ratchet my fat back down to 70%ish. That way I can easily drop dairy as I have been wanting to do.
    Out of interest, how long did you stick to the optimal diet macros & how much did you lose? Have just read back at the beginning but must be brain dead.

Also do you include butter as dairy? I'm rather confused on this issue. I assume you include cream.

PS: the only reason I would be aiming for 85% fat going forward is to increase the calories, nothing to do with ratios. On 46g protein & 10g carbs I don't have much choice.

PPS: I have been doing 1 tbps CO as per Shangri-La but only because I want the health benefits of CO anyway & I want to test out the set-point theory & AS. I tried doing 2 but found I needed the calories for 'real' food more. I will increase to 2 when my calories go up so I can give SL the full try-out.

Don't you just love it that we are all doing our own n=1 side by side here. We are all learning so much from each other, even if we are all personally frustrated
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-14-2013 at 05:28 AM. Reason: PS

I will get mom to helpmeet check fbs today. Concerned that it seems hard to get a good level...