Page 301 of 606 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 6058

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 301

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I know. I almost didn't suggest it

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    HWC was the hardest to give up! I really miss the mouth feel of it but being able to breathe through my nose makes it worth it for me.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    For me though, I have no symptoms that hint at a problem with it except fat that wont let go.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I too am beginning to think about giving up the cream. I have it with unsweetened coco powder as a hot chocolate but lately I can never have just one & think it may hsve become a trigger food for me. Shame

I will try to start cutting cream down today. I will not be able to cut it out until summer when I don't have to wake up at 5:30 anymore as I drink my morning matcha with 2T of cream, and it is too strong for me to drink without it. On the other hand the matcha has properties that are very positive and giving those up is not a great idea long term. But if I am still in this same rut I will stop cream for 3 weeks and see what happens. It doesn't make me crave more, although I do like things creamy, except for 3 teas a day I can achieve that in other ways. We will see.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269.2 down 1.8 my feet and fingers are puffy today
    Sleep= 7:02 w/ 92% efficiency - late to bed, time change is messing me up
    Urine Ketones= ever so slight change in color
    Blood Ketones= not today-waiting for FBS to drop
    FBS= 96
    Calories = 1831 this is 30 less than yesterday where I gained .6 I just do not believe in Calories in/Calories out!
    Net Carbs = 14g/3% one less than yesterday
    Fat= 166g/83% 12g less than yesterday
    Protein= 61g/14% 6g more than yesterday
    Steps = 9669 almost a 1000 more than yesterday.

These macros fall into step with Dr. Rosedale's recommendations (<15g NC/60 to 70g P/ 80%+ fat) except I didn't give up dairy (HWC and butter) or AS (stevia), and I won't till at least summer.

p.s. I just figured something out...Ruth you are not going to like this....on days that I get less than 7 hours of sleep I gain weight and days that I go over 7 hours of sleep I lose weight. It tracked exactly for the past 2 weeks. Now that will motivate me to get into bed by 9:30 if nothing else does!
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-13-2013 at 05:02 AM. Reason: add p.s.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    From what I understand protein is the key here. The fat should be used for satiety - eat nearer 80-85% to get you into NK, which will then naturally reduce your appetite, then drop it down (no lower than 65%) for weight loss.
    May I ask where you got the "drop the fat for weightloss" info? Phinney and Volek don't recommend lowering macros. I am currently reading Rosedale, so I am not sure what he recommends.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    For me though, I have no symptoms that hint at a problem with it except fat that wont let go.
    this.. but I fear I may need to, again Chris we could do this together

I will try to start cutting cream down today. I will not be able to cut it out until summer when I don't have to wake up at 5:30 anymore as I drink my morning matcha with 2T of cream, and it is too strong for me to drink without it. On the other hand the matcha has properties that are very positive and giving those up is not a great idea long term. But if I am still in this same rut I will stop cream for 3 weeks and see what happens. It doesn't make me crave more, although I do like things creamy, except for 3 teas a day I can achieve that in other ways. We will see.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269.2 down 1.8 my feet and fingers are puffy today
    Sleep= 7:02 w/ 92% efficiency - late to bed, time change is messing me up
    Urine Ketones= ever so slight change in color
    Blood Ketones= not today-waiting for FBS to drop
    FBS= 96
    Calories = 1831 this is 30 less than yesterday where I gained .6 I just do not believe in Calories in/Calories out!
    Net Carbs = 14g/3% one less than yesterday
    Fat= 166g/83% 12g less than yesterday
    Protein= 61g/14% 6g more than yesterday
    Steps = 9669 almost a 1000 more than yesterday.

These macros fall into step with Dr. Rosedale's recommendations (<15g NC/60 to 70g P/ 80%+ fat) except I didn't give up dairy (HWC and butter) or AS (stevia), and I won't till at least summer.

p.s. I just figured something out...Ruth you are not going to like this....on days that I get less than 7 hours of sleep I gain weight and days that I go over 7 hours of sleep I lose weight. It tracked exactly for the past 2 weeks. Now that will motivate me to get into bed by 9:30 if nothing else does!
    wow.. just wow.. major food for thought!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    May I ask where you got the "drop the fat for weightloss" info? Phinney and Volek don't recommend lowering macros. I am currently reading Rosedale, so I am not sure what he recommends.
    The Art & Science of Low Carb Performance pg 70 'How Much Fat' I think you have the book don't you. If not let me know & I'll scan the paragraphs.

PS they advocate a range of 65-80% fat, Jimmy Moore says he has consistently been on 85%. I am usually 80-82% & will strive for 85% as I (hopefully) adjust my calories up

PPS Rosedale's take is no calorie restriction, just protein & non fibrous carb restriction. Eat until full doesn't work for me - I do not have a workable off switch lol

Welcome to Dr.Rosedale's Website

He is a bit too CW for my liking (lots of fibre & eat lots of small meals throughout the day, both I believe to be totally un-necessary but YMMV) so I have to admit I stopped reading him. I will be interested in your views when you finish reading.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-13-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: PS

I love your sleep/weight loss hypothesis. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Good job really as I rarely sleep more than 6hrs no matter what (my bedroom ceiling is all glass so total blackout is impossible anyway) so I would never be able to lose lol. I am just grateful that since doing NK I am getting a full 5-6 hrs in one go after years of on/off sleep. This to me has been a real benefit & if I don't lose any more weight doing NK for life would be worth it just for this.

My sleep is much better than it was a year ago! And if I let myself sleep (ie. no alarm) I generally sleep between 7 and 8.5 hours. But my weight is bouncing around the same 3 pounds since I started back to getting on the scale. It is a short window of time, but it will be interesting to see if it holds true for me.

I roamed around on Rosedale's site yesterday. To me, only the details are different really.