Page 300 of 547 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 5465

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 300

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Sodium - I start right back in at one cube after a binge. I don't usually drink it on binge days. Then by day two or three, I am back to two. It doesn't pay for me to stop entirely.
    So are you saying that sodium helps you get into ketosis. sorry, its been a long day & I'm confused.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I agree it was very anti-climatic, sorry! I think the lowest number it records is 0.6

I think Paula feels better with the bouillon but doesn't necessarily think it helps with the ketosis.

I am sort of surprised that my blood sugar is 98. I actually only have 10 FBS strips on hand, they came with the monitor, but that is a good idea to save the ketone strips. I will have to go out and get some FBS ones.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    So are you saying that sodium helps you get into ketosis. sorry, its been a long day & I'm confused.
    No, I just don't see any reason to stop and restart the extra sodium every time. If I were going to stop eating LCHF permanently, I would of course stop adding salt.

No need to apologise. I'm sure it was worse for you!

very sad indeed.

I thought I should list my current dietary macros and open myself up for discussion...

Net Carbs <15g This would generally allow no more than 30g of total carbs
    Protein Between 60 and 70g
    Fat 80% plus. When hunger strikes I will eat fat.

This should put my calories in about the 1600 to 1900 range. I am going to spend most of my energy watching the macros though.

For the month of March I hope to hit 10,000 a day on average. My average last week was up over 8,000, but the college visits are usually good for walking around.

From what I understand protein is the key here. The fat should be used for satiety - eat nearer 80-85% to get you into NK, which will then naturally reduce your appetite, then drop it down (no lower than 65%) for weight loss.

Perhaps if you are consistent with your carbs & protein & are still having problems you could maybe drop the protein down a few grams to see if that helps.

I am thinking that to give this a fair shake I should keep it through the month of March. Especially since there will be 6 days scattered throughout March when I will have less control than I would like.

My proteins have been a bit lower than the 60 for the past few days. I am getting used to eating less of it at each meal.

Re your 'LO' reading. I assume you have the Nova Max. It seems they may not be particularly accurate, especially at the bottom end oif the range:

Precision Xtra vs. NovaMax Plus: Ketone Meter Evaluation Jimmy Moore&#039;s Livin&#039; La Vida Low Carb Blog

Hope this makes you feel better

thanks.

I had the copper mouth on the way home today. I almost tested again, but I am not testing again until I reach below 90 on the FBS test in the morning. Given the urine stick barely changed (and that may have just been the difference between being wet vs. dry) I know it is pretty low, and I gained weight. I don't need that precise a set of numbers, just knowing I am in will work for me.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Given how well you have been eating, I'm surprised at the FBS. It doesn't seem like you should have to go much below where you are on protein, but who knows? I have heard that dairy can impact NK (some types more than others). If I see more about what types impact Ketosis, I'll post a link.