Page 3 of 666 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 3

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

My Eulogy

This is supposed to be a 5 minute exercise, so I am going to ramble and see where I get....

When itís time for your loved ones to make your eulogy..

How do you want them to describe you?...I would like for people to say, she tried to never be the one to cause hurt or pain and worked to relieve pain caused by other, she used her unique talents to to their full potential and made a difference.

What kind of person do you want to have become?...I want to be that person that others marvel at how I can have enough energy to get done all that I do, a sort of renaissance woman.

What exceptional personality traits do you to have embodied through your life?...I am a very emotional person-no getting away from that-so I want people to remember that I laughed enthusiastically, cried shamelessly, and loved unconditionally

What can you do TODAY to start becoming that person? ...stop researching how to become primal and just do it. Start doing the exercises, continue eating clean food, stop putting so much focus on me and push my focus out into the world. Start painting again, get back to my gardening.

I am thinking this may get added to as I come up with more ideas of how to become the person I see myself as in my dreams.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I got the chin up bar in yesterday, DS and I plan to do the 5 Essential Movements twice a week-the day after his rifle practices to give his muscles to fully recover before the next practice, so Tuesday and Friday. I will start my 30 minute morning walk tomorrow morning, I have a lot of walking to do today so I won't need to do it today.

I did some gardening yesterday, weeding and pruning. Need to put some mulch out this week, fertilize the (sad, crunchy) lawn. Talking to a friend of a friend today who needs work, about helping me do the rock work for my backyard sanctuary. Not a permanent job, but help in the interim.

Also going to submit my resume today in the hopes of getting another part time job or full time and give up my current part time job.

I tried some pants on yesterday from the back of my closet. I had bought 3 pairs of pants quite a while ago that were on sale, and the same brand, size and style-but different colors- of my favorite pair at home. Didn't bother to try them on. Well apparently the pair I had at home were an anomaly, and all 3 pair were too small. I never bothered to take them back. They fit, just the very slightest too snug but will be perfect very very soon. Good thing because I actually had to throw away my favorite pair of jeans this week-had totally worn them out-tooted out a little taps and tossed em:~( so very sad.
    Chris
    Unknown

I have gained a bit the last 2 days...I also had a primal snack both days. Not bad, but not needed. I had a theory a while back and I think it comes into play here...regardless of calories, or any other nutrient-micro or macro- food that you eat when you are not hungry (ie. is not needed) is put into storage in your body. Crazy idea, but it seems to hold true for me. One of the reasons I think it is so important to get back to where I am following my body's cues...eat when hungry, eat what the body really wants, and stop eating when satisfied. The body has to have a need to be fit, I think I have been overriding the signals for so long the body is confused.

Busy yesterday trying to get the back yard ready for this fall. I built a fire pit a couple of years ago as well as a stone patio around it, and a stone patio under the deck (which workmen on another project moved-ie. took apart). Anyway, we like to watch movies out there and I am doing some terracing so that I can slow the hill from washing down onto the stone patio. My house was built into a hill. Have found someone to do the heavy labor I can't do yet. Then I will plant into the terraces so they will stabilize. DH will be so happy.

B: coffee, cream, egg, mushroom, cheese
    L: salad, salmon, oil, vinegar, flaxseed meal-out of avocado
    D: pork ribs, salad
    S: 3 primal chocolate chip cookies-homemade

no "snacks" today.

going to do the assessment from Mark Sisson's ebook on fitness so I can get started on the movements!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I like the 5 min exercise. I think i'll try it soon. Hurray for old pants that fit like new. Im impressedby your patio/firepit building abilities.

So, regarding the assessment for the 5 essential movements....well lets just say embarrassing, or I have a lot of potential for growth. I did not even bother to record it, most were "0" (ie. unable to complete even 1 rep). So on Friday I begin at the beginning, the youtube progressionmark sisson progression - YouTube

It is humbling and exciting at the same time.

The 5 minute exercise was very helpful as it forced me to focus away from my weight, knowing full well nobody would say, she had such a pretty face too bad she never got thin, or conversely she worked so hard to get thin but lost her self along the way....well nobody I care about anyway!

B:coffee, cream, stevia, egg, sausage (I found a pork sausage-"Jones Natural" with no sugar, MSG, or anything weird-just pork, salt and spices)
    L: salad, ground beef, oil, vinegar, jarlsberg
    D: pot roast, Kale, bacon/unsweetened chocolate bite-I cut off the frosting which had the sweetener

Did a lot of running around for the back yard project today, ended up with concrete blocks as the edge for my terraces as they were $1@-so about $51 and the landscape blocks were $500 (plus delivery) to do the same thing. It is going to look great, just hoping DH doesn't ask about how much the labor is costing us! The rest of the stone I will pick up from the free bin at the rock quarry. It is the pieces left over after they have cut the shapes they need from the limestone, etc.
    Chris
    Unknown

Had a pretty good day today, productive, and the yard is coming along well.

I got a letter to say that the gentleman (very loosely defined) who cut off my dd and caused a major auto accident is contesting the evidence. He did not have any insurance, and lied to the policeman and said he didn't have the card with him, the policeman didn't ticket him even though it is illegal here not to have the proof with you. DD could not veer to avoid him because there is a ditch on the side of the road, so she had no place to go. She hit him. Air bag did not deploy, so she was going at or below the speed limit. She was perfectly fine, but the van was totaled (Thank God for Toyotas). Luckily we have a witness who says she didn't have a chance of stopping in time, and phone records prove she was not on the cell, there was no food in the car nor did she have her water bottle with her-ie. no distractions. The policeman said the guy was acting weird (I should have asked for him to do a sobriety test). Bottom line it was his fault and he doesn't want to have to pay. So I will have to waste my time to gather the evidence, photos, letters, etc. and show up at the hearing, I am certain he assumes I will not bother to come-his mistake. What a sleaze bag. Makes my head want to explode. Taking deep breaths now, working to calm myself down until I can do something about it tomorrow.

Been having trouble getting a good nights sleep-DH is snoring, I am planning to sleep in the spare room tonight, as well as going to bed early.

OK, so what I ate today...

B: coffee, cream, stevia, sausage
    L: salad, salmon, oil, vinegar, flax seed, jarlsberg
    D: 5 macadamia, roasted chicken, broccoli, cauliflower

Tomorrow is the 1st, so its a full body measurement kind of day. I am kind of excited.
    Chris
    Unknown

Drum roll please....here are the stats....

SW(8/19/11): 267
    neck: 14.5"
    r. bicep:17"
    r. forearm: 12"
    Chest:48"
    Waist: 40"
    Hips: 51"
    r. Thigh: 30"
    r. calf: 17"

CW: 266 down 1
    Neck: 14 down .5
    r.bicep: 15.75 down 1.25
    r.forearm: 12 no change
    Chest: 47.5 down .5
    waist: 39.5 down .5
    hips: 49 down 2 (!)
    r. thigh: 29 down 1
    r. calf: 17 no change

11 days of maybe 95% Primal and a loss of 1 pound and 6.75 inches. I'll take it. It was reasonably easy, felt comfortable and natural, not forced most of the time. I like that. We start actually doing the 5 essential movements tomorrow. And on top of my food I will be including my steps off of my pedometer and whatever movements I do that day, including things like gardening, etc. I want to have a record of how my movement increases as my body is given a chance to heal.
    Chris
    Unknown

So, the back yard hardscape is looking pretty good, now I have the planting to do, supposed to be close to 100 all weekend, so I will probably just lay out the pine straw for the front beds and wait till it cools a bit to plant so I don't bake the plants. But I can move the hammock out there and find an old chandelier to turn into a candelier (I won't actually put candles in it, just for looks).

Tired today, I have sleep apnea and my mask is leaking badly. I think I will try sleeping in the lounger in my room tonight so I can sleep without the mask. I have not started my morning walks back up and really want to do that tomorrow-I have been too sleepy.

B: coffee, cream, stevia, 2 sausage
    L: salad, kale, salmon, flaxseed, oil, vinegar, jarlsberg
    D: onion, tomato, mushroom, ground beef, 2 homemade chocolate (1/4C cocoa, 1/2 C coconut oil, 2 T Stirling SF syrup, 6 drops stevia made 12)
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    too tired to do any exercise yesterday. It also pushed me into the kitchen too much. nibbled on a few (at least) of the little chocolate bacon and chocolate coconut bites I have stored in the fridge. They are primal and even low carb, but that quantity was unnecessary addition in calories. For the most part I do not believe in the calorie in/calorie out hypothesis...however I do believe that my body will tell me when I need energy and if I take in energy I do not need in the form of calories when indeed the intake of energy I need is a nap that generally results in a slight gain. Easily reversed with a day of rest and movement and proper intake of energy in the form of healthy restorative food. Also had lunch out, although I think I did well you can never tell when someone else prepares your food, and I got lazy last night and did a bottle dressing on my salad-Cardini's which is yummy but not really primal.

Luckily I slept well last night. So that part is taken care of.

I have 8 bales of pine straw to spread today. That should take care of the movement part.

My avocados are ripe which will help with the restorative food energy.

B: 2eggs, 2 sausage, coffee, cream, stevia
    L: 10 oz. burger, mixed salad greens, cheese, bacon (out to lunch with friend)
    D: chicken/cheese sausage, tomato, caesar salad
    S: too many chocolate/bacon and chocolate coconut bites
    Chris
    Unknown