Page 298 of 546 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 5460

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 298

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Paula, that is where we are, well I am, I do all the chauffeuring in our house. It is tedious, but he has no interest in driving. He just recently started to ask about the insurance. It was right after I asked him about his senior prom. He just rolled his eyes when I asked if he planned to get his license or was he going to double date or make the girl drive (he doesn't have a girlfriend and won't admit to any interests).

So I learned something about myself today...I can easily physically skip a meal and have no dizziness or nausea the way I used to. that is the good news. Mentally, I get a "hey I skipped lunch so I can eat this" attitude which leads to over eating. So no more meal skipping for a while anyway!

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269.4 up 1.2
    Sleep= 6:31 w/ 91% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= ever so slight change in color
    Blood Ketones= no data yet-sorry, will read the directions today and do one tomorrow, promise.
    Calories = 2659 clearly this is too many!
    Net Carbs = 30g/4%
    Fat= 254g/85%
    Protein= 68g/10%
    Steps = 6021

So the percentages were spot on but numbers were way too high, and I have just given a perfect example of how not to do your macros! I just do not skip meals well. Mentally anyway, physically I was fine, which is an improvement. I had not planned to totally skip the lunch, but the World Quest Bowl took twice as long as we expected.

I will take my measurements in a bit and record them for posterity in my MFP.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    You Tease.

ok, so every measurement has either gone up or stayed the same.

Scale Body Fat is 54.5% and using the calculator that was just added to the EMF thread, that was supposedly the closest to that person's DEX scan results it was 28.11% (Body Fat Calculator)

I will report back here this afternoon if my bone scan (DEX) includes the BF%.

I am, oddly, not discouraged with the results so far. I feel like I went off course enough that it was a less than complete experiment. And I really need to do the blood ketones. I think that will get and keep me on track.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't beat yourself up too much.

I can't remember what you are shooting for protein wise but the number you posted doesn't look bad. For NK I think its important to keep the protein & carb right so the only number that should change is the fat. If you have a heavy day then the fat% will increase & you may not lose scale weight but it shouldn't affect NK. I think that is the key - cheat on the fat & it will put you back only in terms of scale weight for a day, cheat on proteins or carbs & it will throw you out of NK, which will put you back up to a week as you get back into NK again. But what do I know - you're the one with the monitor LOL. I cant wait for you to find out what really happens.

Well the carbs are net, so the total number was 44g I think. I don't like the total over 35g. the protein was fine, I shoot for under 70g. I have read the directions and done the control for the monitor, so tomorrow when I weigh in I will do the NK test. I think I may do it every day when I am home and see what happens. The strips are expensive, but nothing compared to what it will cost me if I don't get this excess fat off!

p.s. I am interested to see Dr. Ede's next post as she is supposed to tell us why Dr. Rosendale suggests not to test for ketones. mmm

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Okay, this is crazy, but I'm excited for your blood monitor results

yea, me too, I was a bit irritated when I weighed in this morning that I had not had a chance to read the directions and do the control test.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I did the blood ketone last week and tried to do it this morning only to get an error!! GRRR!! Expensive error!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. That's the problem with those strips. I'm going to start checking my FBS soon, so I'll have more data points, too