Page 294 of 652 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 6514

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 294

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Rats, I could have gotten the Wylers, it looks about the same. Ok, the next one I find that is not reduced sodium (which is the other thing I can find a lot of) I will get it. I still have enough of the vegan one to last a week or so.

So with the broth, the bouillon, the bacon, and my normal salting of things, yesterday MFP said I had over 4,000 mg (?whatever the unit is) of sodium. I will stick with this level for a while and see what happens.

So far there is no re-occurrence of the rash and what I had on my face since, I dunno- forever (at least 6 months but I think closer to a year), is also almost totally gone. I have known that the stuff on my face is not acne but some sort of reaction to something, I just cannot figure out what it is. Topically applied med (steroid I think) did not clear it, so I figured it would just eventually go away since I don't consistently eat or use anything for that long.

The application of the whipped cream will be done with the mask. Serving it, well not so much. I will just have to use willpower/brain power!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I have been re-reading Jimmy Moore’s posts re his NK n=1. In his post about the mistakes he made getting to NK My 5 Low-Carb Mistakes And How Nutritional Ketosis Rescued Me From Them he says his success in staying in NK is based on his % macros being P12-C3-F85.

It will be interesting to see where yours end up once you start tracking with the blood ketone meter.

Yes, my protein has been creeping up a bit. I am ok with net carbs being 3% though. I will start playing with it this weekend.

DD got into a field school in Ireland! She will be getting credit to do an archeological dig on a very old prison. She is so excited. She just has to line up the credits (ie make sure they will transfer) and see if there is any scholarship money available.

I just ran into someone who was at a meeting in which my DS had to give a report to a committee of the church elders and others (regarding youth programs-he had surveyed the youth to find preferences and gave the report about his findings) and she said she was so impressed with his manner, voice, carriage, content, and maturity. She said he has an "old soul", I am sure she meant it as a compliment.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, awesome things for both kiddos. They sound very neat (when they aren't being a pain during your vacation). Parenting is one of the hardest jobs in the world. Sounds like you and DH did a great job.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    yeah for Ireland!! How exciting!! I would LOVe to do that!

Sounds like you have great kiddos.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I certainly think they are great.

DD sent me a video clip of an ad of a family going on vacation, and it had one kid that had gotten sick, one left a shoe on the plane, and the daughter just didn't want to be there. She thought it was hilarious cause it reminded her of us. And she apologized.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    awww... thats HUGE. Very sweet and a sign she is maturing.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, the positive side of getting older is the kids mature and get closer to being friends than your kids.

So the good and bad of last night...I did not eat the cake, or even lick the spoon that I used to spread the whipped cream onto the cake, or the knife I used to cut and serve it to everyone. The not so good...I had a half glass of the home brew and 6oz of red wine, and I really don't know what I ate except that I made it so it was low carb. I had jicama and celery to dip into the homemade ranch dip and a PB dip (the PB dip was for DH, I only tasted a pinch-not a huge PB fan myself), and I had gouda and crackers, I didn't eat any of the crackers. On a positive note, I did step away from the table when I started to get full, and everyone helped with the clean up so there was no post party munching.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=270.2 up .8 -duh, beer and wine?!?
    Sleep= 6:09 w/ 85% efficiency -duh, beer and wine?!?
    Urine Ketones= slight pink color
    Steps= 9872 OMG, so close!!!!

I am not going to bother to put in any macros, since I didn't really track dinner. But I am confident that my food was reasonable, it is just my beverage choices that threw things off.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would still consider yesterday a major WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The alcohol, without the cake, would probably have been easy to resist (although this is life - do you really want to never drink again? Maybe for awhile). For me, the cake would have led to a big downhill slide of all kinds of bad things (especially with a little alcohol thrown in there). So, again, no cake? MAJOR victory. Celebrate!