Page 291 of 619 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 6190

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 291

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269..4 up 0.2
    Sleep= 7:27 w/ 92% efficiency - of course this is after I napped until 1:30 yesterday afternoon!
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother - back to it tomorrow
    Blood Ketones= no data yet
    Calories = 1232
    Net Carbs = 35g/12%
    Fat= 101g/75%
    Protein= 42g/14%
    Steps = 1841 didn't wear the thing for most of the day, and slept for the rest of it!

OK, back on track today, and I am excited, like I am just starting it for the first time. weird. As I anticipated as soon as I ate I got the weight back, no surprised and really weight loss from essentially a laxative doesn't count anyway.

I have pre-tracked breakfast and lunch, and will make dinner fit. I am thinking that I will use the bone broth when I walk in the door from work, as I am usually looking for something to put in my mouth even though I am not really hungry. Depending on how my macros are looking I may add butter and/or salt.

Physically, well I am unpleasantly aware of my intestines. Not painful, just a constant unpleasant awareness. Should be fine by tomorrow. My arm though is killing me. I have a new sympathy for kids who have to get dpt shots. This was essentially a booster tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis shot which I got on Monday morning. It hurts to lift my arm. It is amazing how much you use that muscle (deltoid I think). I can take tylenol today, and I will.

Back to the treadmill today. My doctor suggested that in a study she saw recently it is better to have varying degrees of activity from day to day. So for 2 or 3 days a week I am going to add the tabata back in. Although she wants me to switch out so I am not jumping so much as it is hard on the knees. Reasonable.

I have zucchini and apple chips in the dehydrator for DH, each tray has a different seasoning on it.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269..4 up 0.2
    Sleep= 7:27 w/ 92% efficiency - of course this is after I napped until 1:30 yesterday afternoon!
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother - back to it tomorrow
    Blood Ketones= no data yet
    Calories = 1232
    Net Carbs = 35g/12%
    Fat= 101g/75%
    Protein= 42g/14%
    Steps = 1841 didn't wear the thing for most of the day, and slept for the rest of it!

OK, back on track today, and I am excited, like I am just starting it for the first time. weird. As I anticipated as soon as I ate I got the weight back, no surprised and really weight loss from essentially a laxative doesn't count anyway.

I have pre-tracked breakfast and lunch, and will make dinner fit. I am thinking that I will use the bone broth when I walk in the door from work, as I am usually looking for something to put in my mouth even though I am not really hungry. Depending on how my macros are looking I may add butter and/or salt.

Physically, well I am unpleasantly aware of my intestines. Not painful, just a constant unpleasant awareness. Should be fine by tomorrow. My arm though is killing me. I have a new sympathy for kids who have to get dpt shots. This was essentially a booster tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis shot which I got on Monday morning. It hurts to lift my arm. It is amazing how much you use that muscle (deltoid I think). I can take tylenol today, and I will.

Back to the treadmill today. My doctor suggested that in a study she saw recently it is better to have varying degrees of activity from day to day. So for 2 or 3 days a week I am going to add the tabata back in. Although she wants me to switch out so I am not jumping so much as it is hard on the knees. Reasonable.

I have zucchini and apple chips in the dehydrator for DH, each tray has a different seasoning on it.
    I like the idea of the bone broth for when you walk in the door. I might have to do this myself. I need to find the macros on it though.

Glad you are starting to feel back to normal. Take it easy on yourself and whoohooo for the sleep. Sleep like that is worth it no matter what it takes. Well, almost..LOL

YUM with the chips in the dehydrator. Oh I saw a recipe for zucchini "rasins". You chop the zuc into squares and then "marinate" in honey or 100% maple syrup, then dehydrate. They looked good and I thought to try them for Lily- maybe this summer since I CAN NOT add one more thing to my plate and stay sane. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ahhh Mary.. late to the party..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I like the idea of the bone broth for when you walk in the door. I might have to do this myself. I need to find the macros on it though. LOL
    If you do find the macros please post. I have been looking every where. I also tried MFP but could not find anything to fit

since I don't track minerals, and I drain off the fat, I will likely just use whatever they have in MFP. I have looked in the past and found nothing.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have read of some doctors using colon cleansing/irrigation before a colonoscopy, instead of the laxative mixture. Might be something to look into before the next one.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member

well duh, I just entered "beef bone broth" in to MFP and it came up with the same numbers as the spark people one. So I used that-given there was a recipe for the spark people one and it is close enough to mine to be usable.

I will pass on the colonic irrigation. And from my research the cleansing is just different/"natural" laxatives. The part I don't like is the gatorade, so I think next time I will ask if I can use coconut water instead-basically they want me ingesting the electrolytes.

As expected, the doc recommended I start statins. I said no thank you, I will continue to work on diet/exercise/weight and expect it will take care of my heart. Besides my HDL/total cholesterol ratio as well as my HDL/triglyceride ratio were both better than excellent. She was unhappy about my high LDL.

She also recommended I start taking iron. That I am willing to do, after researching it, I added it to the order I was about to make for my MCT, cocoa nibs, xylitol, and erythritol. One shipping cost that way. Should arrive mid next week.

Drinking the broth when I got home has made a huge difference in how I feel this afternoon!