Page 289 of 665 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 6641

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 289

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    so here is something interesting...my weight at the doctor's office was 269.1 that is one tenth lower than when I weighed this morning. This morning I had on a t-shirt at the doctor's office I had on a pair of jeans, etc. This is the kind of thing that makes me obsessive about the scale. I will not let myself get on it again today.

everything went fine btw.

p.s. so I just checked my blood work. I expect she is going to come back at me about my Cholesterol which is 254, with a calculated LDL of 174. However...my hdl/cholesterol ratio is fantastic at .27, where .24 and higher is considered ideal. And my triglyceride/HDL ratio is even better at .78 where a 2 or less is considered ideal.

My FBGlucose was 97, so higher than I thought it would be. I will start testing that when I start doing the blood monitoring.
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-04-2013 at 12:14 PM.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    the few days before I started to weigh again were nut fests, and that showed a 5 pound gain from when I started. See now I am sorry I wasn't weighing all along, as it is data lost. I wonder if I had lost weight and then the days of the nuts caused me to gain 5 pounds plus what ever I had lost.

No nuts for me. I will put the coconut bars in the freezer for DD when she comes home.

Today is just my regular annual doc visit. Oh and the prep I am a little worried about the excess carbs, and just feeling like crap from them. I wonder what people who have diabetes do, maybe there is a diet version of gatorade? At least it is only once every 2 years now.

Tomorrow is the actual colonoscopy. Good thing about those is that you generally get instant results. My doc will even sometimes hand me photos of my intestines.
    I've had 2 colonoscopies and never used gatorade. I just had to drink this huge jug of stuff that was mixed with water. With second one I also had to take laxatives the the day before.

Oh I have done every prep there is. This one is the easiest, but they are all unpleasant. It is 64oz of any flavor gatorade with 238g of miralax mixed in and drunk over a 2 hour period. Preceeded by 4 ducolax tablets. clear liquids the rest of the day.

they will usually let you add in a crystal lite type of flavor packet as long as it isn't red or purple to that if you ask them. I have seriously had, with no exaggeration, at least 20 of them.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Man these carbs made me shakey. Thank goodness i had made a gelatin with the kosher gelatin, and green tea, and stevia. I think that little bit of quality protein really helped. That and a nice cup of tea.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    what a great idea with the gelatin on a day like that!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Thinking of you today.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hey lady, hope all goes well.

I am home, and awake again, just a little shakey/achey. I suspect shakey is lack of energy input, but I am very slowly fixing that. Achey because I had a tetness (sp?) shot on Monday, and that is the arm I laid on during the procedure. There is also of course the biopsies they took, 10 of them. It all looks good, except for a tiny bit of colon that was slightly irritated. Ya think, after a cleansing there might be some irritation?

Anyway, for anyone thinking of going the laxative route for weight loss, I lost 2 pounds. Totally empty and only 2 pounds-so not worth it!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Glad your back with us and feeling a bit better. You should be back to feeling super tomorrow (I hope). About the 2 pounds.. psh... you are right.lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am sure I will be back to normal tomorrow. still groggy and gurgilly right now.