Page 288 of 666 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 6653

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 288

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Awesome job Chris!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I do feel better. One of the things I have changed is I went from whey to eggs in my morning smoothies, not sure if that makes a big difference, but it seems I can go longer before I eat lunch. And the later I eat lunch the less likely I am to want to eat something when I get home from work. I also shifted so that I can have more protein at dinner and minimal amounts at breakfast and lunch.

I sort of feel like when I am sticking to the plan for more than a few days, along with being well rested, and getting back to my projects-which gives me something else to think about besides what I eat or what I am going to eat. I also do best when I Keep It Simple. My breakfast is pretty much the same everyday, my lunch is pretty much the same everyday and that lets me know what I have left to eat for dinner. Which I like best when it is a big salad with a bit of a protein source.

I was actually practicing using the gelatin to make myself some jello for my intestinal flush-I can have clear liquids and jello counts, so I think if I make my own I can stay no sugar and use stevia instead of what ever they put in the sugar-free jello boxes.

Yes, it is definitely a better idea to just go ahead and make something and avoid the pantry prowl. I can not power through it if I am at home.
    Lets hear it for eggs! LOL Personally I find them more satisfying than whey. Perhaps its the fat.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thanks! I think that there is just no way that we can make a food, no matter how pure, that is as good as what nature gave us. I am sure there are many things in the eggs that make them more satisfying than the whey, and at the very least I am pretty sure they metabolize slower than whey.

I will send the whey back with my parents, my dad actually needs the whey to get more protein in as he cannot stomach much food quantity and he is still healing.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269.2 up 1.2
    Sleep= 7:19 w/ 94% efficiency
    Urine Ketones= didn't bother-I have to do pretty much straight carbs today so Wednesday will be a start over.
    Blood Ketones= no data yet
    Calories = 1779
    Net Carbs = 19g/4%
    Fat= 157g/79%
    Protein= 74g/22%
    Steps = 8228 this is very good, since I actually had to charge the fit bit yesterday, so there was at least an hour when I was puttering around the house but not wearing it.

So, why the gain. Everything I ate was on plan (except I didn't plan). And my fat was higher and my carbs and protein were lower than the day before. I think it may have been one of (or a combination of) 2 things. The cheese I ate was very salty, and essentially it was dinner, and I was about 30oz shy of my normal fluid intake. And I had a measured portion of nuts, on top of the nuts that are in the base of the coconut bars. Maybe I just can't eat nuts.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    The gain is interesting. It could be yesterday, for the reasons you note, or it could have been another day in the week... I know that nuts are NOT my friend. In fact, the cashews were I think the cause of my most recent gain (WAY too many of them....).

Hope all goes well today. Thinking of you.

I even have to watch sunflower seeds so, it would not surprise me if nuts were an issue for you.
    Karin

the few days before I started to weigh again were nut fests, and that showed a 5 pound gain from when I started. See now I am sorry I wasn't weighing all along, as it is data lost. I wonder if I had lost weight and then the days of the nuts caused me to gain 5 pounds plus what ever I had lost.

No nuts for me. I will put the coconut bars in the freezer for DD when she comes home.

Today is just my regular annual doc visit. Oh and the prep I am a little worried about the excess carbs, and just feeling like crap from them. I wonder what people who have diabetes do, maybe there is a diet version of gatorade? At least it is only once every 2 years now.

Tomorrow is the actual colonoscopy. Good thing about those is that you generally get instant results. My doc will even sometimes hand me photos of my intestines.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, nuts. I can do a few (and I mean a few) macadamia nuts, but the others are bad news. Also, it's amazing how calorie dense they are. 10 little mac nuts are almost 200 calories...and, they don't really fill me up! 2 Tbs butter on the other hand, that does fill me up.

Gatorade all day does not sound like fun. [And, I imagine the prep is no fun, either...]

there is a diet gatorade believe it or not.
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    really, rats, wonder if it is lower carb though, or if the carbs come from the electrolytes? too late now, I have already made my mix-gatorade/miralax- given that I suspect sugar is the least of my worries. Nope, today will not be a fun day. To add insult to injury-DH is flying over to have lunch with DD today! At least DS and I don't have to go to rifle today.

Yes, and I can tell you I had way more than 10 mac nuts before I started to weigh in again! Yesterday, I actually measured the pistachios. I don't allow macs in the house anymore, because I can seriously eat a pound in one evening.