Page 287 of 644 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 287

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=269 -1.8 even with TOM here! So 5.8 in 4 days.
    Sleep= 8:38 w/ 92% efficiency
    Urine Ketones=trace, but a little pinker
    Blood Ketones= no data yet
    Calories = 1920
    Net Carbs = 12g/2%
    Fat=182g/85%
    Protein=60g/12%
    Steps = 8339

So, if I ever needed evidence that it is not calories in vs. calories out yesterday may be it. I was hungry after I got home from work, so I had 5 2" pieces of celery with a bit of cream cheese mixed with tampenade as a dip. Then had dinner, but was still hungry, so I made a full fledged BP tea. I had prepared the stuff to make a BP coffee for DS (as I do everymorning), but then forgot to add the coffee. So I just used it to make the tea. Usually at the end of the day I only do cream or maybe add a bit of butter, but this had the cream, the butter, and the MCT-in the red velvet tea-YUM. But even with the high calories, I lost weight.

The snow continues. It looks pretty, it is really late for us to get snow here, but the flakes are big and fluffy so they are just sitting on the leaves and branches it makes the leafless branches look like a movie scene, so very pretty. It does however alter what I had planned to do today.

So after the treadmill, I will work on re-upholstering the dining room chairs, and mounting the canvas for over our bed, and vacuum the house. Dinner could be interesting since this morning's errands included grocery shopping.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Woo hoo. Look at you go And look at the steps - getting awful near 10,000 Whatcha watching on the treadmill these days?

I am still repeating Mamma Mia. I can't decide what to do next and it has stopped in the middle of my walk so I just restart it so I don't have to make any decisions first thing in the morning. Next one is either Enchanted or 27 Dresses, I loaned The Holiday to my BFF.

Yep, I am averaging about 8,000 steps now. Today will throw it off because everything I have to do (except the vacuuming) is done sitting down. But, that is ok, because at least it will be productive.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    whoa.. colonoscopy. I am not looking forward to the time when they say I am due Good luck!! Is it every two years because of the bowel issues you have had?

You have been a busy girl today!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ah well i didnt get to the canvas but did work on the diningroom chair and housekeeping.

The colonoscopy is because i had the colon cancer and the IBD. The IBD increases my chances of getting colon cancer as does having had colon cancer. I have had more than a few colonoscopies in the 19 years since i had the cancer! Not so bad really.

SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=268 -1 even with TOM here! So 6.8 in 5 days.
    Sleep= 5:54 w/ 89% efficiency-Weird cause I feel well rested
    Urine Ketones=trace,
    Blood Ketones= no data yet
    Calories = 1532
    Net Carbs = 22g/6%
    Fat=121g/72%
    Protein=83g/22%
    Steps = 6551 re-upholstering requires sitting. I did do the treadmill.

So yesterday was not great food wise. I had decided early that I had a sweet tooth, so I figured it would be better just to make something I could eat at the end of the day rather than do a pantry prowl looking for my "best option". I ended up doing BLT (Bites, Licks, Tastes) while cooking, did some homemade beef jerky for lunch. So my macros are estimates, likely low. Luckily I don't do this sort of cooking (where I am sort of winging it from a new recipe for dessert) often so I don't worry too much about it.

What I made was the LC coconut bars in the recipe group, as well as a coconut flan/jello sort of thing.

At any rate what I did, did not negatively effect my fat loss so I guess I did ok.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Look at you - another pound. Wood hoo Wonder what is so different now than in the last month? Do you feel more nutritionally balanced?

I'm glad you went ahead and addressed your need. I suspect you did much better than if you had been left to prowl the pantry. I know that is often the case for me, although I don't always take heed (I often try to "power" through it, which causes me worse problems later).

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    You mentioned in Paula's journal about your husband and pasta. I just wanted to tell you that we tried brown rice pasta last night with our spaghetti and my uber-picky husband loved it. Maybe your Dh would to. If I hadn't told my DH it was made from rice, he never would have known. One step towards getting yours off wheat.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I do feel better. One of the things I have changed is I went from whey to eggs in my morning smoothies, not sure if that makes a big difference, but it seems I can go longer before I eat lunch. And the later I eat lunch the less likely I am to want to eat something when I get home from work. I also shifted so that I can have more protein at dinner and minimal amounts at breakfast and lunch.

I sort of feel like when I am sticking to the plan for more than a few days, along with being well rested, and getting back to my projects-which gives me something else to think about besides what I eat or what I am going to eat. I also do best when I Keep It Simple. My breakfast is pretty much the same everyday, my lunch is pretty much the same everyday and that lets me know what I have left to eat for dinner. Which I like best when it is a big salad with a bit of a protein source.

I was actually practicing using the gelatin to make myself some jello for my intestinal flush-I can have clear liquids and jello counts, so I think if I make my own I can stay no sugar and use stevia instead of what ever they put in the sugar-free jello boxes.

Yes, it is definitely a better idea to just go ahead and make something and avoid the pantry prowl. I can not power through it if I am at home.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    You mentioned in Paula's journal about your husband and pasta. I just wanted to tell you that we tried brown rice pasta last night with our spaghetti and my uber-picky husband loved it. Maybe your Dh would to. If I hadn't told my DH it was made from rice, he never would have known. One step towards getting yours off wheat.
    Thanks, I will look for it.