Page 284 of 546 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 5460

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 284

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Regarding your husband's sinus issues. Is he eating dairy? I have had sinus problems for 40 years. This week I cut out dairy and I can now breathe freely through both nostrils and don't have that plugged up feeling any more.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    nope, just the occasional ice cream, about once a week, homemade (1/2 & 1/2, brown sugar, PB), and maybe a couple of ounces of cheese every other week. Personally I suspect he has a problem with grains, he is a total carboholic, I bet his diet is 90% carb, I try not to notice-drives me crazy.

I forgot to mention that I weighed this morning, so that I would have the "beginning/before" weight. It was 274.8, which is exactly 5 pounds over what it was on the 12th of January when I started this little experiment.

I got the ketostix, so starting tomorrow I will post weight and keto results along with the macros from the day before. I will weigh or measure absolutely everything I put in my mouth, and track it. Once the monitor arrives, we shall see if I am showing ketosis or not and decide what to do about measuring the ketones and BS with it.

p.s. I just figured out that you can add whatever measurements you want to add in MFP. Under check-in. then you can view a graph of the results under reports. Awesome!

p.p.s. couldn't resist, had to test just to see...I got a trace of ketones, mmmm, interesting.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-25-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: add p.s.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Cool on the mfp.

Are ketones higher in the afternoon? I would not have been able to resist testing, either

It is a bummer about the gain, but it does confirm what you were thinking last week with the pants.

I dunno, I should check and see, what the prevailing wisdom is on that.

5lbs is not insurmountable, a little irritating given that most of the month and a half I have been doing well. But I feel oddly excited now that I have the stix, I can start collecting data. And being able to see it in graph form will be very helpful.

On a totally different subject...DS was just elected President of their HS chapter of the National Honor Society! Too bad it came after all the college applications are in.

OK Begin N=1!
    SW 2/26/13 =274.8
    CW=273.6 -1.2 (from yesterday)
    Sleep=7.1hours, 5 straight 93% efficiency
    Urine Ketones=trace
    Blood Ketones= no data yet
    Calories = 1538
    Net Carbs = 9g/2%
    Fat= 142g/82%
    Protein= 55g/14%
    Steps = 9851

Well, yesterday went very well. I stayed busy, I ate what I planned to eat, I didn't need extra fat so no BP tea at the end of the night. Not sure if it was because I stayed busy or because I finally finished the nuts!

Already I will have a glitch, we have company tonight, so I will not be measuring or weighing what I eat. We are just doing appetizers and playing cards. So it is 2 different cream cheese dips with celery for me, and sliced cheese (with crackers for them), shrimp and cocktail sauce, and probably a glass of red wine. Won't waste a ketone stick tomorrow (the monitor is supposed to come in today).

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ok.. I have just caught up here. So, you weighed early (like me HA!) are you sticking to LCHF still? I remember you stating that your skirts in the back have been gaping.. that signals loss even if the scale does not, correct?

You know, technically you could still kinda track tonight.. count how many shrimp you eat, place your dip and the cocktail sauce with celery on a separate plate (which can be measured without drawing attention), calculate the celery and track the wine. Even if you get a rough estimate you can still be informed about what and how much for tonight so you do not have the "oh crap, no idea how much I consumed".
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Oh I am totally still doing the LCHF! It is just the details of the macros I am now going to be able to figure out!

I think that I actually gained the weight in the past week. It seems that it started to happen about the time the macadamia nuts entered the home. They are gone now, I would say luckily except the reason they are gone is that I ate them all!

I can tell you that in the first 4 hours at work this morning I went to the restroom 8 times! I expect to see the loss from water weight, which if I am not mistaken is essentially what inflammation is right? I had a brief IBD flare Friday, so double dosed the meds and it was fine by Sunday night, but I think that my body retains water when that happens because I am losing so much of it through BM's (sorry TMI).

Anyway...I think that you are right and I will just make a plate instead of stand around and dip and eat and dip and eat. Besides they are our BFF's they won't give a lick if I weigh things!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

Anyway...I think that you are right and I will just make a plate instead of stand around and dip and eat and dip and eat. Besides they are our BFF's they won't give a lick if I weigh things!
    That-a-girl!! I also think doing this is a good/healthy habit.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

PrimalCon New York
    yes ma'am...

you are definitely right, we do this card night about 2 or 3 times a month so I need to figure it out. Although I generally do the food and have finally gotten to where I don't do dessert anymore, except for their birthdays. We have been talking about switching on of those nights to bowling, we would be getting some more movement, but they would want to eat there. Mind you even if I wasn't on LCHF or Primal I dont' do hot dogs and beer or nachos or any of that other stuff they have (which I am told are very good versions of the junk, but still ewwewew!)