Page 283 of 666 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 6651

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 283

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah. People are probably grossed out, lol. When we lived in a humid climate, I washed them a lot more. That, and I have plenty, so we can build them up so I have a good load

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Not grossed out its more of an OCD thing
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am slightly better with towels, they get changed out pretty regular, but washed only when the basket is full enough that I see it and think, hey, I should wash those. But I don't keep spare sets of sheets, so I take them off wash them and they go right back on.

I actually had a request to interview for a position, but it fell through this time, I will get a chance next season (whenever that is). It is for a person to set up displays of products in the Merchandise Mart in Atlanta. It would be part time and seasonal, so I would keep my current job (perfect, cause I love working there), and I would do most of the prep work at home and communicate via phone and email, just have to go to Atlanta maybe twice a year to do the actual set-up. The Merchandise Marts (there are 3 in the country that I know of-Chicago, Atlanta, and Las Vegas) are like giant malls but they are for licensed people in the trades (as they say). It is basically "shops" of stuff for home design, every single detail of it. I have not been to the one in Atlanta, but the one is Chicago is like a city block square and 7 stories high.

I would love to do event planning, and I tell ya, this is the city for it! I tried to get a job with a friend who owns a company that does events, anything from a show at a convention to shows for cruise ships. But it was when the economy was just going and he couldn't afford to add anyone. Then I got the job I have now, so my hours would complicate things, plus their local business has not picked up to such a great extent and they are doing more out of town and overseas stuff. I don't want to have to do all that travel.

ok, well it looks like I can't fix the issue I have with the circle where I got 2 coats on the rug, neither the polyacrylic nor the mural varnish evened it out in the test spots. So I put the furniture back and I like it a whole lot more than what it was, hopefully the 2 coat issue will wear off. I suspect I am the only one who will notice, but it will drive me crazy. I would just put a second coat on the whole thing, but I like the part with the single coat much better.

At any rate, I pinned it in my "I did it" board, along with the before picture with the stain showing.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Its lovely!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

thanks, the color really brightens up the space. It is the casual breakfast nook, so a fun color was needed.

My BFF has a framed stained glass window (the panes are clear glass) from her DH's father's (now deceased) office (now demolished). I love it, she hates it. It is sitting outside of their home. I so want to steal it (she would be thrilled-not sure how her hubby would feel) and hang it as a sort of space divider behind the couch, which is just next to that space with the turquoise rug. The window would add soooo much character. Unfortunately I am pretty sure DH would have an attack if I did it. And if I ask he will say no, cause he has no vision and he hates change.

I just don't understand. Even though, yes, I lowered my protein macro, I didn't actually change the breakfast and lunch macros. Why does the idea that dinner has less protein make me want an afternoon snack?

that is 2 days in a row of going for nuts. I was really wanting something sweet. But I know that if I make fat bombs, I will eat a bunch of them.

For right now I am going to concentrate on keeping the carbs really low, protein moderate, and fat high. I will pick up the ketosticks this morning when I am out, so we shall see what they have to say, the monitor should come this week sometime.

Sleep was fantastic again. I did not get into bed in enough time to get enough sleep, but I did get a nice long stretch, even though the hubs is back and naturally having someone else in bed tends to be disturbing, and only had 2 brief wake ups. 93% efficiency.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Maybe it is somewhat mental? When we were doing SPEED, it seemed so hard to up the protein.

Last night, I made a 1-serving "fat bomb". Butter, cocoa powder, sun butter, stevia, melted, mixed, popped in the freezer about 1/2 hour. Maybe if you do a 1-serving kind when you feel like it? I know I can't have multiple servings in the house.

Hooray for the sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My poor DH - he is sleeping in the guest room since I'm still sick.

Oh, it is definitely mental. Honestly when I was doing Atkins my macros were pretty much what my goals are now, not every single day, but most days, and all I was doing then was trying to keep the carbs low! Purely mental.

I am getting out of the house today, away from the pantry, need to break the pattern.

A single serving fat bomb is the perfect solution.

I just realized this morning that I have 3 trips this month! Gotta do the final college visits. One is just a 1 day trip, but 2 of them are long drives, one with Dh (he is not a good traveler, not in a car anyway). I am going to be packing stuff-think I will make that 7 layer thing I made to take with me to Florida, that really helped.

Logically I feel like I should save the blood ketone sticks to start for the end of the month, but I really want to start testing, so I won't wait, I won't test while gone though, except for the ketostix.

It is probably better for both of you that you are sleeping in different rooms. It is amazing how the old CW keeps bombarding my brain, being a Florida girl, I keep wanting to tell you to eat your citrus and lots of it!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Regarding your husband's sinus issues. Is he eating dairy? I have had sinus problems for 40 years. This week I cut out dairy and I can now breathe freely through both nostrils and don't have that plugged up feeling any more.