Page 280 of 640 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 6400

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 280

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, as a data geek, I'm pretty excited about your meter experiment....

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Chris, I was thinking that you should wait to start using the meter until you see moderate ketones in your urine via ketostix, That way you do not waste those expensive strips.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    re nuts I always package them into appropriate quantities (usually 1oz) when I open a packet then eat as planned. It seems to have stopped me overeating them & I appreciate them more.

RMS123 can i really freeze them? I have approx 4kg of almonds sitting in the cupboard (the nut of choice before EMF when I had to switch to Mac nuts. The sell by date is Oct 2013 but if EMF works I doubt I'll get to them by then

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Prepackaging doesn't help me. I just end up eating multiple packets.

Yep. You can freeze nuts. I actually buy mine frozen and keep them in the freezer when they get home. Keeps them from going rancid. I also freeze my sunflower seeds.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I was the only one eating the fat bread as well, so out it went. Prepackaged only works for me if I am away from home, at home I will just eat multiple packets. Not necessarily all at once, but once I start eating nuts at home, I find I keep going back to them. Although, un-prepackaged in individual amounts I will eat more at each sitting.

Paula, excellent idea to wait to start the meter. Rats, I just got back from Costco, I probably could have gotten the ketostix there. I will just pick them up on Monday, there is a Walgreens next to Trader Joes.

Which ketone meter did you buy?

Nova Max Plus, because it says you can use alternative sites for blood collection. I spend most of my work day typing, I did not fancy pricking the tips of my fingers every day and then having to type on them.

I was looking at that one too because the strips are half the price of the precision extra. Even with the complaints about "dud" strips, it still works out cheaper.

I went through my Mom's stuff today looking for blood glucose meters. She had three. None of them do ketones.

The one I am using is the one touch mini, but she also had a one touch ultra smart that makes graphs and charts and has a log. I tested BS on both before lunch. The mini said 96, the smart said 91.
    The one with the log might be interesting for this experiment. I'll use them both tomorrow in the am to see if there is still a discrepancy

The Nova Max was actually "free" when I bought a box of 10 strip for $24, and because I bought 2 more boxes so that I would have a full months worth the shipping was free. So really the meter is the cheap part (sort of like cell phones).

Isn't the smart considered more accurate? Graphs and charts and a log would be useful.

I sort of feel like, while it would be great to hit 4.0 on the blood ketone from the cancer perspective, and to get FBS down in the 60's from the Diabetes perspective, getting and staying in ketosis is really my big picture goal. And my FBS is very weight dependent, the less I weigh the lower it goes, it doesn't seem to matter how I get there, my BP tends to do the same thing. So really I need to get some weight off for a lot of health reasons.

What site did you buy it from? That is an awesome deal!

The mini and the smart are from the same company. I had hoped for better calibration. Maybe I'll check with the third one tomorrow as well and see if any agree. The other is a walgreens brand glucometer. BUT yeah all the bells and whistles would be cool.

Turns out ssn679doc was right about the meter problem, but just like everything else, if you use the same measuring device, it should be accurate to itself.