Page 279 of 644 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 279

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I also want to get a mini travel scale for eating out, although my husband will be embarrassed.
    As my dad said once, "I embarrass you while we are out because that is what dads do. It's love, oh, and I am paying so deal with it."

in other words, he will get over it.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    You can freeze butter with no ill effects to it, helps it to stay fresh and since summer butter is better than winter butter (some of the Whole Foods brands specify) you can buy in summer and stock up for winter. So Kerrygold unsalted isn't sold there?

Yes I heard about summer v winter butter. Makes sense really. Unfortunately no room in the freezer at the moment. Perhaps when DS &DD leave home & take their non primal frozen horsemeat with them (actually thatís not fair, they donít buy ready meals but DD does buy frozen waffles, fish fingers & ice-cream & if I didn't make DS dinners in batches & provide a microwave, he would never eat a proper meal)

And no unsalted butter is no longer imported - stupid really since its only made across the water. I emailed them when I couldn't find it here but Rachelís is made from organic pastured cattle so itís the same thing.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I also want to get a mini travel scale for eating out, although my husband will be embarrassed.
    We eat out so very rarely that it would not be worth the investment. My DH wouldn't be embarrassed, but he would think it was idiotic, he can't understand why I can't just eat when I am hungry and stop when I am not. He is, well not naturally thin, he works at it, but never been obese. Although he was very chunky when he was younger. For him, exercise has always worked to slim him down. To his credit, he would never actually say anything.

DG: I was just thinking that the Kerrygold unsalted actually tastes pretty good. I am sure the positive nutrition aspects are about the same. I also wonder if, as humans who have evolved with seasons, if we don't need the different content in winter than in summer?

Data is good! I am going to be super diligent to weigh everything and track all of it. I do that now, but not super diligent, just kinda diligent (I often don't weigh dinner)
    Weighing is the only way. when I've been shopping, I always package everything into appropriate quantities (eg nuts into little boxes of 15g) including meat before I freeze it. That way I know exactly what I'm eating & it doesn't take any extra time when I am making meals. DD thinks I'm mad. And I usually eat on my own so that makes life easier as well

Yeah, that got me into trouble last night. My husband made up my plate. I eyeballed it and thought "4oz". Later I asked him how much meat he gave me. He said "8-10 oz". One of us sucks at eyeballing...
    I was amazed at how little 4oz of chicken breast was before I started taking notice - a whole breast (which I used to eat) can easily be 8-12oz and now I'm down to 3oz portions its even less. I could never eyeball that & get it right. It just goes to show how much weíve been programmed to eat by CW.

PS In my Drs waiting room there is a picture of a standard muffin circa 2010. Next to it there is a standard muffin circa 1950. Its about 1/3 the size. Makes you realise why obesity is a recent phenomenon doesn't it.

Re bread, my problem is that when I make an omelette a lot of the butter stays in the bottom of the ommlete maker now I'm being generous. I need something to soak it up

pour it on top of your omelet and use the food to pick up the "sauce"

That little video from a posting in yesterdays thread on EMF, was enlightening as well. Even if you take the time to read labels, nothing says they are accurate!

I just got lazy about weighing my dinner, I will start again tonight.

I also want to get amini travel scale for eating out, although my husband will beembarrassed.

I love this I want one for when I have to travel. Never seen them over here though.

DG: I was just thinking that the Kerrygold unsalted actually tastes pretty good. I am sure the positive nutrition aspects are about the same. I also wonder if, as humans who have evolved with seasons, if we don't need the different content in winter than in summer?

I love the salted version but too much salt doesn’t like me. I never use salt except on boiled eggs. I guess your right about the seasons but I would have thought it probable that when butter first evolved there wouldn’t have been any in the winter months as the cows wouldn’t be producing milk (not that I know anything just makes sense. One of the things I’m going to love about primal when I finally reach HSIS is just eating seasonal organic produce. Things taste so much better when you don’t have it all the time

As for the nutritional aspect of summer v winter butter I guess the reasoning behind it makes sense but lots of things are a trade off. I usually buy ordinary supermarket cream because before primal I was more interested in low carbs(sugar) & this is the lowest. However today I found some organic cream & compared it (we can’t get raw dairy here – they are not allowed to sell it in the shops only on a certified farm), which was more carbs & less fat. Have finally opted for it as its organic (not sure that means a lot but I guess its better than regular & this brand is listed as good on the raw milk website)

pour it on top of your omelette and use the food to pick up the "sauce"
    I know I should but it’s a machine plugged into the wall & I’m too lazy to unplug it (Will probably burn myself in the process of tipping it up too). I will have to use less butter in the cooking and just add some after.

That little video from a posting in yesterdays thread on EMF, was enlightening as well. Even if you take the time to read labels, nothing says they are accurate!
    I was truly amazed. It just goes to show though, If you cant cook it your self IF is probably a better option.
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-22-2013 at 09:03 AM.

So, yesterday was not great, once I let myself get derailed by the few extra carbs in xylitol it just messed me up. Lesson learned...track it, weigh it, then eat it.

So starting today I am going to do exactly that. I just got notice that they shipped my meter and I want to make sure that if I am paying to check ketones I know exactly what I have eaten to make the ketones look the way they do. So even if I go off plan, it will be weighed before I eat it. I think I will get ketostix just to see how they compare with the meter. I got enough of the blood ketone sticks to do 32 days (2 came with the meter and they come in 10 stick packets).

The day that I start with the monitoring I will also start weighing myself and keep track of that as well as my sleep. Which by the way...last night was great! I was only in bed for 7:35 but I woke up without an alarm so that is all I needed last night. I actually slept for 7:02 and had one stretch of almost 5 hours!

So the goals to start this are...
    Net Carbs = or <12g
    Protein = or <58g
    Fat to be used to eat to satisfaction. Shooting for 80% or so to start (may be less if I am not hungry though)
    I am not going to put a number on the Calories, for now, as I think this will be self limiting, at least I hope it will.

What I have preplanned (it is in MFP) for today is spot on, and totally doable. It also gives me the flexibility to have, or not have, a hot buttered tea at the end of the night, depending on how I feel.

For now, I am going to have to cut out nuts, they trigger a need to over eat them...not good.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-23-2013 at 07:03 AM.

canio6 Guest
    For now, I am going to have to cut out nuts, they trigger a need to over eat them...not good.
    K and I are having the same issue. They are so easy to overeat. I could probably eat 1,000 calories of nuts in about 5 minutes.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yep. Nuts and seeds need to be out for me. In fact, I need to move them to the deep freezer so that they are hard to get at. Luckily, I'm lazy and won't go into the garage unless I'm making something.

1/4 loaf of the fat bread went to waste. Apparently I was the one really eating it!!!