Page 278 of 618 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 6171

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 278

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So glad you are getting the meter. Between you and DG, we will have a lot of data. We love data.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    You can freeze butter with no ill effects to it, helps it to stay fresh and since summer butter is better than winter butter (some of the Whole Foods brands specify) you can buy in summer and stock up for winter. So Kerrygold unsalted isn't sold there?

Data is good! I am going to be super diligent to weigh everything and track all of it. I do that now, but not super diligent, just kinda diligent (I often don't weigh dinner)

Yeah, that got me into trouble last night. My husband made up my plate. I eyeballed it and thought "4oz". Later I asked him how much meat he gave me. He said "8-10 oz". One of us sucks at eyeballing...

I have eyeballed and gone back and checked and 99% of the time I cheat myself. In other words I think it is 6oz and it is only 4oz. Which works fine for what I have been doing so far. But if I am paying for a meter and more importantly those sticks, I want as much precision as I can muster.

Ok, yesterdays details...got into the nuts (I have now moved them to the freezer-out of sight out of mind). Macadamias, so although I ate too many they kept me within my macro percentages if not my calories.

Calories 2,087 (nuts add up fast!)
    Carbs 20g
    Net Carbs 7g/1%
    Fat 199g/88%
    Protein 56g/11%

Sleep last night was great. I slept 7:08 out of 7:45 in bed, but I had 2 pretty long stretches of sleep and I don't remember dreams (remembering my dreams tends to indicate that I woke up in the middle of the dream which suggests an apnea episode).

I am taking today off of work. My intestines are acting up and I would rather be near my own bathroom, I will double up on my meds to stop this in its tracks.

So I will mess with the bed (take off the memory foam) and paint the rug today.

Well rats, who knew that xylitol has carbs in it? I do now, after I added it to my morning smoothie! And if I don't change my planned lunch, my dinner can't have any carbs in it. Hope I have something in the freezer.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I think I knew xylitol had carbs, but don't always remember those things, either.

I'm not good at eyeballing. I'm either too low or too high. Not usually close. I'm still not quite at the point of being able to trust and listen to my body, although I'm getting better (maybe?). So, for now, when I'm home, I try hard to measure.

I can't eat fat just to eat fat. It needs to be with something or for a purpose. I do love it my tea, though...

I think I am decent at eyeballing from being a cook. I am not good with liquids but come reasonably close with solids.

The big issue for me is that now that I can eat the fat (butter mostly) I can't eat the bread I would have liked to put it on. I don't miss the bread, never was much of a bread eater, but I bet I would have been had I allowed myself to butter it!

I also want to get a mini travel scale for eating out, although my husband will be embarrassed.