Page 277 of 629 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 6283

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 277

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I don't have my book handy, but I believe he is counting all carbs.
    Thanks that what I suddenly realised today

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Yep, basically in US if it says carbs it means all carbs, and net carbs are total carbs minus fiber. To make it even more confusing, for some net carbs also subtracts sugar alcohols. I will now be doing the total carbs minus fiber. MDA does total carbs.

So this morning my pants are tight. If I had not been pressed for time, I would have ordered the blood monitor this morning from home. If I don't get a chance to do it from here, I will be ordering it this afternoon when I get home. This is reeee-dic-uuu-lous! I am not sad or depressed but I am irritated that this is obviously not resulting in a loss of fat. Even if it is bloat from the bread yesterday, honestly by this time I should have lost enough weight/fat that a bit of bloat would not make my pants tight.

For now, I will be following my new macro goals and will go from there.

I am re-typing them to help me remember!

Net Carbs <12g
    Protein <58g
    Fat as needed to feel satisfied, probably in the neighborhood of 140g

Then when I get the monitor, I will probably do the blood and the ketones at least for the 1st month and I will put the numbers in with the stats from the day before. I will likely also weigh on the days that I do ketones (rats) but I think it would be more useful if I had that number as well.

Ok, so sleep last night was great! I slept 7 hours and 56 minutes out of 8:15 in bed. I woke up 3 brief times, once DH came to bed, once he went to the bathroom, and once I needed to go to the bathroom but didn't go. I force myself not to go because I don't want to start the habit, also I hate getting out of a cozy warm bed to go to a cold bathroom.

Anyway, I have got the day planned, or most of it, food wise and I am ready to take this on. Singing "Super Trouper" from Mamma Mia (it was the song that just finished as I got off the treadmill this morning).

ps forgot to add yesterday's stats_
    Calories 1510
    Carbs 34g
    Net Carbs 31g
    Fat 128g
    Protein 55g
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-21-2013 at 07:31 AM. Reason: add ps

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I think the meter (and I hate to say it, the scale for awhile) will reveal a lot. It's too dag gum early for me to be giving advice, but I feel pretty confident that when you find the right group of foods for your body, you'll start seeing the losses. Unfortunately, I think some of us have to work harder than others to find what works.

Ok, I ordered the meter and enough ketone sticks for a month. When I get it I will also start keeping track of the scale weight. I agree that once I get the macro combo down I will lose, and this hit or miss is driving me crazy. 40+ years of yo yo dieting has got to take some work to undo, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

I'm glad you decided to order the meter. Being able to see what is going on will make it so much easier for you and you so deserve success. Looking forward to see what you discover

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, you ARE going to figure this out. I know it. Things are headed in the right direction. Your sleep is better. Your mood is good. You don't seem to be pantry prowling as much. Just have to get the last steps in there. And, you have your own personal advisors to offer all kinds of crazy ideas for you to try

Thanks so much ya'lls encouragement means a lot to me. I know i will get it figured out with everyones support i am excited.

I came across this blog last night. Apparently butter also inhibits cancer (but you probably already new that LOL)

5 Reasons Why Butter is a Superfood - Empowered Sustenance

anyway I no longer feel guilty eating copious amounts of it

Wow, thanks, no I didn't know that...pass the butter please! The brand that I use (Kerrygold) is a bit too pricey to eat as much as she does but, I do regularly use 2T in tea (one morning, one evening), and of course to top off what ever meat is in the pan-I usually add a T per serving to pan juices.

For me, butter is less than 1/3 the cost of the other good fats like CO, mac nuts & EVOO which is why I have started using it as a 'fat filler'

I use kerrygold to eat on its own if I need to tweak the fat but can't take too much salt so use Rachel's grass fed organic unsalted for cooking - it taste horrible if eaten raw. Before starting EMF I haven't used butter for years (youngest DS is allergic to milk so have always used soya for everything - yes OK I know better now) & lucky for me BOTH brands have just been on 1/2 price offers (how good it that!!) so I now have a fridge full

PS not sure I could eat a whole stick in 1 day though
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 02-22-2013 at 05:15 AM.