Page 276 of 609 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 6084

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 276

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Really? I'm waiting for that to happen to me. Cool, though! !

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    (1320 would be the number from Dr.Seyfred's cancer suggestions, and would allow 119g of fat), but not adding fat for the sake of adding fat. For example last night I added butter and MCT to my evening tea. My stomach didn't need it but my macros did. I am going to stop doing that.
    If have this correct, Dr Seyfreds suggests BMR - 30%. For me that would be 960 cals which seems a bit low. I am also adding fat to keep the macros up which is interfering with me trying to listen to my body & stop when full so what do you think is the lowest we can go for the fat % & still be in NK?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I don't know. But I am not going to try to hit 1320 unless I get a cancer diagnosis. What I am going to do is to keep my proteins below 58g, (which is .8x's 72 my goal weight in kg). Then I am going to keep my carbs below 12g net (so carbs minus fiber). Then I am going to eat to satisfaction but not stuffed having fat to finish things off, thinking fat grams somewhere in the neighborhood of 115g. And I am going to track it all. Hopefully this gets me into deep ketosis and losing fat at a reasonable rate-actually any loss would be thrilling.

p.s. now that gets me pretty much to the 1320 which is the BMR for my current weight -30%, but the trick here is that my carbs will go higher, as much as double, and I am not going to limit my fat, in this way I am not going to limit my calories because theoretically I will be listening to my body. Now if I ever go on and decide to get the blood monitor it will no longer be conjecture, at least for me. Still not willing to put out the money for those strips, unless in 2 weeks at my weigh in I weigh the same thing as when I started this whole thing.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-20-2013 at 03:01 PM.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So it is normally easy for me to pass up what I make for the boys. My normal cheats happen mid afternoon and is usually a pantry prowl. Well i made them some soup and homemade bread knowing they would be chilled to the bone from standing outside for their skeet lesson. Well the crusty end of the bread was too much to pass up. So i had it with a nice slab of kerrygold. Good news is that since i was keeping my carbs so low they still were pretty low for the day. So i go to the new goals tomorrow.

Net Carbs <12g
    Protein <58g
    Fat = enough to be satisfied

One thing has just occurred to me. In the UK we don't include fibre in our carb counts ie my carb count would be your net carb count. Do the MDA carbs include the fibre or are they net carbs? - I think I may have got lost in translation.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    One thing has just occurred to me. In the UK we don't include fibre in our carb counts ie my carb count would be your net carb count. Do the MDA carbs include the fibre or are they net carbs? - I think I may have got lost in translation.
    Some count all carbs, some only count net carbs. As far as I recall, Mark in the PBP counts all carbs. Atkins counts net carbs. I think demuralist counts net carbs, where as Pebbles counts all carbs. Of course, my memory is crap so I could be mistaken.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    DG Did you mean MDA or MFP?

MFP counts all carbs, but you can tell it to show you fiber as well. You can change it under settings.

Maybe it was because you missed lunch? Either way, at least it was reasonable. Rome didn't fall in a day. You're still doing awesome & today is a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Some count all carbs, some only count net carbs. As far as I recall, Mark in the PBP counts all carbs. Atkins counts net carbs. I think demuralist counts net carbs, where as Pebbles counts all carbs. Of course, my memory is crap so I could be mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    DG Did you mean MDA or MFP?

MFP counts all carbs, but you can tell it to show you fiber as well. You can change it under settings.
    I meant Mark in the PB - if hes counting all carbs then his carb curve is even more meaningless to me than I thought. I was just curious

I don't have my book handy, but I believe he is counting all carbs.