Page 275 of 548 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 5471

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 275

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Re: muscle loss. In the comments on the diagnosis diet site. Interesting. True? Who knows. This was Dr. E's response.

The fact that my blood sugar levels were so much higher on 75 g of protein than on 50 g of protein suggests to me that my body wasn't using that extra protein to build muscle or enzymes or mucus or anything else...it was just turning it into blood glucose--far in excess of what anyone needs in the bloodstream. Unhealthy levels of blood glucose. Even according to the Jaminets, hyperglycemia is perilous. I do agree with them on that. How would they propose I lower my blood glucose below 90's then? I was already eating very low carbs, and even low calories on many days. Lowering protein really did the trick.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I really want to get a meter. But i also dont want to put money out for another weight loss device

The meter doesn't phase me. It's the continued (expensive) strips. Oh, sigh.

yes, exactly it is the strips, I can get the meter for free. But I suspect in the end I will do it, because I will not want to let go of the idea that this will work for me. And also the possibility of cancer avoidance, although I really should find more studies on that part of it.

Yesterday went well, but 12g of carb is just super restrictive for me. Once I get below 30g it is work. I am actually having an easier time getting the protein down. Of course, per our discussion on calories and BMR, my calories are low (NEVER thought I would ever say that!).

STATS:
    Calories 1711
    Carbs 16g/3% (12g) -I ended up eating 2 servings of the pizza casserole-it was good but it added extra carbs
    Fat 165g/84%
    Protein 53g/13% (60g)

My boys start skeet shooting lessons today. I am excited for them. They have found a father/son activity they both enjoy and look forward to, and that we already have the equipment for (DH shot skeet years ago).

sleep last night was better, although I did not have an uninterrupted stretch of any great length, I did sleep 7:28 out of 8:15 with a 91% efficiency, and all of the wake ups were very short and I don't remember any dreams.

I think while DH is out of town this week I am going to take the memory foam off of the bed (it is a huge ordeal to do it because it is inside a zipped allergy full mattress cover and we have a huge king sized mattress). I think it did not help my sleep and it actually is so soft on top of the pillow top that it is difficult to turn over. I just have to figure out what to do with it when I get it off, probably try to roll it up and put it under the spare bed for now.

I will also be painting that rug in the breakfast nook, and if I feel really ambitious I will paint the master bedroom. I only have 3 walls left to paint in there because I painted the bay wall when I put up the curtains. Although, way more fun would be to go thrifting to look for the other 2 frames I need so I can get the pictures hung above the bed.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Re: muscle loss. In the comments on the diagnosis diet site. Interesting. True? Who knows. This was Dr. E's response.

The fact that my blood sugar levels were so much higher on 75 g of protein than on 50 g of protein suggests to me that my body wasn't using that extra protein to build muscle or enzymes or mucus or anything else...it was just turning it into blood glucose--far in excess of what anyone needs in the bloodstream. Unhealthy levels of blood glucose. Even according to the Jaminets, hyperglycemia is perilous. I do agree with them on that. How would they propose I lower my blood glucose below 90's then? I was already eating very low carbs, and even low calories on many days. Lowering protein really did the trick.
    Yes, the body turns about 10% of excess protein into glucose.
    The interesting thing is that I just found research that says a sedentary woman only need 46 grams of protein. An average light exerciser needs .8 x wt. in kg. Dr Ede did not exercise for the first 2 weeks at all So it is likely that her body did fine on 50 grams.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I find I am happy with not more than 1600.. I really can not manage to get to 1800 because I feel full sooner. So I see what you mean.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am not good at painting. I know how I want it to look, but don't have the patience to be as meticulous as needed. What color are you painting?

Your yesterday stats look good. I wonder - and don't know this - whether if you get the protein to the "right" level, if you can leave carbs around 20 g so it is not so restrictive. I feel like protein is a bigger issue for me than carbs [within reason, of course] (although I'm the crazy who really can't do much beyond animal, so my results don't carry much). I don't know. Maybe you are going to have to get that meter after all

TMI alert...So to my surprise, a woman with IBD can be constipated. So the 12g of carb do not leave me with enough fiber I think. So my new plan is to hit below 12g of Net Carbs, keep the protein at 56g (that is the .8 x's goal weight in kg per the info that Paula found) and try to keep my calories fairly low (1320 would be the number from Dr.Seyfred's cancer suggestions, and would allow 119g of fat), but not adding fat for the sake of adding fat. For example last night I added butter and MCT to my evening tea. My stomach didn't need it but my macros did. I am going to stop doing that.

And if I am still convinced of this when I get home, I am going to go ahead and order that darn blood monitor.

I am painting the room the same color, it is about the color of milk chocolate, just using a better quality paint and an eggshell instead of the painter's flat. It gets marked up and looks dusty, drives me crazy.

p.s. it turns out I don't have to set an alarm to make myself get up and walk around the ACV and water are taking care of that!
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-20-2013 at 10:19 AM.

You know what's weird? My digestion feels better than ever. Just goes to show you how different we all are. It truly is n1 experiment.
    -- Ruth

except for that little situation which I want to nip in the bud, I feel best so far. So I am hoping that by the slight up tick in fiber but keeping the net carbs below 12g, I won't lose this feeling.