Page 273 of 665 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 6645

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 273

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    WOW.. your story is amazing. I agree you are one blessed woman!
    Thanks, and I know it, every day, not necessarily all day long, but every day for sure!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think BMR gives one a general low calorie goal to shoot for to avoid starvation mode. The formula probably uses an average LBM of the comatose person including differences for age and gender. It does not, of course, take into account other factors that effect weightloss. TDEE can tell you generally where to stop and allows me to eat more when I need it.
    When I am not binging, this works for me for weightloss. Maybe it is the exercise factor.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Wait? If you know your weight and you know your BF%, you can convert the BF% to pounds, then subtract that from your weight and end up knowing your lean body weight. Isn't your total body weight = Body fat + Lean Body Mass? Or does something else get added in?
    Water. My scale is supposed to measure water weight and BF, but I can't get it to work.

So, thinking that calorie intake, generally should be between BMR and TDEE? So for me 1840 and 2210 (or so). Or should I calculate BMR and TDEE for my goal weight? So then 1400 and 1680? Or somewhere at the midpoint?

ahh, didn't think of the water. So if your scale would do the BF% and the Water% then you could do a subtraction and get LBM. I get it.

I did not report in today.

Well, we knew the sleep was not going to last right? For some reason I could not get comfortable last night, should have gotten up and taken a tylenol, I was only in bed for 7:15 (I wasn't even a little sleepy and before I knew it I was an hour late for bed) but I was up most of the night. Disappointing after the night before.

Food went very well though.

Calories 1655
    Carbs 12g!/3% (12g)
    Fat 153g/82%
    Protein 65g/15% (65g)

I am going to go a week with these numbers, if I don't feel like I am in ketosis, I will lower the protein in 5g increments per week.

Lovin the treadmill. DS even got on it yesterday for 30 minutes (he alternated jog/walk). My heart goes out to him, he just keeps getting heavier but really his food is not that bad, especially compared to most. Last night he decided to switch from his normal "dessert" (he and his dad-most nights put 2 to 3T of PB into a small pyrex dish and melt it, then add 2T chocolate chips-both starting adding weight when they started doing it) to a smoothie. It is homemade coconut milk, homemade almond milk (I love my new vitamix!), and a few frozen strawberries, with some stevia, just like a milkshake, and a 100 calorie Dark chocolate bar. So about a third of the calories and much better nutrition. Trying to cut down on his sugar. He does well at home (and I pack his lunch) but church and school functions are always either pizza or doughnuts. He says he can easily limit the doughnuts and only will get one if it is one he really likes, but pizza is harder.

Tonight I am making a pizza casserole, no grain, just the toppings, baking it all. ooo, my tummy just growled.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    yum.. pizza casserole!! I want to come for dinner!!

Looks like you are having fun with your new toys!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I can't believe the thing that held me back on buying the Vitamix was the sound and it is quieter than my Oster, except for the very highest speed. Well, that and the price

I really missed seeing Mamma Mia. Pretty happy with both toys right now.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So, thinking that calorie intake, generally should be between BMR and TDEE? So for me 1840 and 2210 (or so). Or should I calculate BMR and TDEE for my goal weight? So then 1400 and 1680? Or somewhere at the midpoint?
    It is based on current weight so it needs to be recalculated once in a while. I aim for my BMR most of the time because I don't like to eat my exercise cals. Except during TTOM week. Then I have been known at times to eat to TDEE (light exercise).
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-19-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So technically I am aiming for about 200 calories too little. I don't eat to exercise calories either. mmmm I may have to end my day with a BP tea. That would just about do it.