Page 270 of 666 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 6653

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 270

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    These days, DH will say, "wow, you are so creative, what a great idea." I usually 'fess up that I found it on Pinterest What did we do before that crazy medium?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I probably spent more time doing the stuff I thought up instead of being impressed at what other people did!

OK, so yesterday was just an off day, I felt sad, and well, lets call it a carb refeed day. It was not horrible, I did track it all, but what wasn't right was that I ate because of emotion and not hunger.

today is a new day and I am starting a new N=1 experiment. Ketosis Experiment Week 1 Diagnosis: Diet

This woman is following the plan of a doctor who has specific recommendations for a cancer treatment type of diet. The first phase is not that far off of what I am doing, so I am going to go for it. Well, not his fasting phase, but the less restrictive phase to get into deep ketosis. I will be ordering a meter today.

The plan to eat 80% fat, 70g to 75g of protein, and 12g or less of carb. It is supposed to be calorically restrictive for about the first 2 or 3 weeks, but when I put my numbers in the calories come out about the same. I did have to drop my avocado to a half of one (rats), and will have to cut back on HWC (because of its carb per T), but I then needed to increase my actual food in the form of meats, so I am likely to be better off. We shall see how it goes.

By the way, last night, I slept, for the first time since I have been monitoring my sleep, OVER 8 hours STRAIGHT! 8:24 to be exact, out of 9 in bed, that is a 97% efficiency. UNREAL! (I am psyched!)

p.s. so I pre-tracked in MFP and I managed to get 12g of carb and still get my salad for dinner (had to cut my lunch avocado in half though). Essentially what lowering my carbs did was to increase the amount of fat while keeping the protein about the same. But some how that means I get to eat more food/meat type products.

Here is what happens...Fat 82% is 153g, Protein is 15% and 65g (thus less than 70 to 75 still), and Carbs are 3% and 12g. Calories are 1655, and thus under my original 1700 limit, and just under the 1660 I just lowered it to. So we shall see how this goes.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-18-2013 at 10:23 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a really solid plan. Will check on you later

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Chris in which blog post did you find this alternate plan? I am still making my way through the cancer posts.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post

Here is what happens...Fat 82% is 153g, Protein is 15% and 65g (thus less than 70 to 75 still), and Carbs are 3% and 12g. Calories are 1655, and thus under my original 1700 limit, and just under the 1660 I just lowered it to. So we shall see how this goes.
    This has been where i have been going for in my macros. I find myself happiest when i do.

Congrats on the sleep.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Paula, It is in the "Cancer Part III" under the summary of his recommendations. Says something like his alternative to fasting, which may take several weeks to reach deep ketosis. Somewhere in one of her articles, I can't find it now, she actually argues that extreme calorie restriction may not be necessary and tells why. So I figured if I did the 12g of carb (or less) and my 70g of protein (or less), then did 80% fat, well that pretty much puts me close to where I was, calorically, before, with a lot less carb of course. If this isn't enough to make me feel sure I am in NK, then I will start dropping the grams of protein slowly.

Karin, getting my carbs that low is really work for me. But I will manage it.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Now my carbs have not been that low but i like them between 3-5%
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, I am going the opposite direction. Low carb and protein with high fat, so that at the end of the week I can up the protein to 60 g and it will feel like a feast. I cannot afford the blood glucose monitor or strips at this time, so I have to be pretty strict. with the protein at the outset.