Page 268 of 666 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 6651

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 268

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    sunflower seeds have twice as many carbs as nuts, so I will not likely try them. I will probably just start going through the nuts I have in the freezer.

today I need to run to Home Depot for supplies, then come back and do the next coat on that frame I am painting/antiquing. I am also, finally, finishing the re-upholstering of the dining room chairs. We have 8, and I had done 4. The original fabric was a moire silk and was getting worn through at the front edge of 4 of them, so I got a coordinating fabric. I had planned to do all 8 at the time, but only 4 were worn and DH asked me to end it there and move on to another space. Well over the years the other 4 have done the same thing, so I am finishing the task. It takes about an hour and a half on each chair because they originally used long staples and obviously an electric gun to put them in. So there are a ton of them and they are in tight. I am reusing the piping so I have to carefully pull them out of that layer. It is very hard on the arthritic thumbs. I got one off yesterday. It will take a few weeks to get them all done.

Of course there is also the treadmill. And laundry. Trying to put the grocery shopping off until Monday, hate getting into the middle of the after church crowd, as well as the out of town crowd. Our Trader Joes is the only one in the area (there are 2 in Tennessee) and Sunday is the day people travel from all around to come shopping there.

I know, last night I was thinking that I finally have the small appliances I really want in my kitchen. Now it is time to do the personal devices. I want to be able to know reliably when I am in ketosis. And I gotta tell you that the scale is really calling to me these last few days. It is that I feel like I need some data. But I also know that what that will mean is that I will start tweaking, and I don't want to do that till I have given this a chance to work.

p.s. TMI alert...TOM was one day of spotting this month and that was it. Thinking I am one month closer to menopause.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I have looked into the fat bread but i think it will not work for me because of the carbs in sunflower seeds.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am not sure it is worth the effort anyway. I was never a big bread person anyway, don't eat sandwiches. It might be worth it for lily though?

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    You know, I really liked it at first. Not so much because it was like bread, but because it felt so filling. But, as I've found that my diet needs to be 90% or so animal products, I don't have much room for it. But, mom and DH LOVE it and since I'm working on getting them a little more fat (no problem with protein), and it's better than other stuff they crave without the fat, it's worth it.

Well i can try it for her for sure. She is such a pickey eater!!
    Karin

I did one slice toasted with butter and a sprinkle of xylitol (mom of course would have done it with sugar when we were kids) and it was good. I did one piece with pepper jelly (which I just now realized I didn't add to MFP) and that was the best. I may just have to make my own version of pepper jelly that is sugar free, mmm. I do miss it on top of cream cheese.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    What's pepper jelly? Never had that. Of course, there's a lot of things I've never had

it is a jelly (sweet) made with hot peppers (spicy), the first time I ever had it was homemade from St. Augustine Datil peppers. You should be able to find it in your neck of the woods. But, sugar of course. It makes an easy appetizer for company though, you just put a jar of it on top of a block of cream cheese and let it come to room temp. Serve with a little spoon to put it on crackers, bread, celery.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Its so good..so is cowboy candy (candied jalapenos)
    Karin