Page 267 of 597 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 5968

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 267

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I buy them, the only ingredient is onion so I figure I am good with it.

Yes, I can get obsessive about gathering data. part of the reason why I track fairly religiously-once I don't do it the info is gone forever. I was actually thinking yesterday on my way home from work that I am going to weigh and measure the day before I go to the doc, but I also need to weigh before I leave so I can compare my number with her number, then the next day I am getting my colonoscopy and will have emptied my intestines so I should weigh myself before I leave for the hospital so I can see how much the contents of my intestines weigh. And I noticed that my rings/shoes/clothes fit better mid day than at the beginning or end of the day, wonder if I weigh less at 2pm than at 7pm or 7am.

Now you know why I have to stay away from the scales.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    For awhile, I was getting crazy obsessive about my scale. On the thing several times a day. Now, I can be objective again. If I can start consistently losing weight, I want to put it away again.

I'll look for dried onions.

Both costco and kroger had them with the spices but it is a bigger container probably 7 inches tall and clear so you can see the onions. You couls skip them and use chopped fresh onions but you would have to drain the fat then I think.

I sucked it up and went to the butcher quickly. I got some oxtail, knuckle bones, and knee bones. I roasted the bones and now they are in the crock pot. They smell amazing. It's going to make some awesome broth for the awesome soup!!! I can hardly wait...

oooo yum!

So first things first, O....M....G!!! Love the Vitamix. It is not actually as loud as my Oster, can't believe I waited to use it because I thought DH would complain about the noise. Even on high it has a muted loudness that is way less offensive than either my current blender or my old food processor.

So I made the fat bread, it is in the oven.

for dinner tonight I am going to put some chicken in a baking dish and cover it with, essentially, artichoke dip and bake the whole thing, cause those are the ingredients I have on hand since I chose to do house creative stuff instead of going to the grocery store.

Ruth, are you feeling any better?

I am feeling slightly better. I've rested all day and pushed the liquids.

Funny about your VM. It's really loud comparatively for me, but I'm so glad you'll be able to use it all the time now

Let me know what you think of the Fat Bread and how you made it.

Your dinner sounds divine. Wish I was coming over to your house.

I wish you were coming too!

I had coconut cream, so I used it, probably won't again cause it is pricey and a pain to get. I used 6 eggs, and 1C of macadamia, with a 1/4C of cashews. I did not add salt cause both nuts were lightly salted. 1tsp baking soda, 1/2tsp lemon juice.

I have a really nice bread pan that was my grandmother's it has straight up sides so things tend to rise nicer in it. We'll see. I forgot to set a timer so should be interesting.

the blender I had, Oster beehive, is by far the loudest blender I have ever had, 2 speeds-on or off. The food processor was a cuisinart but it was so very old, it belonged to DH's mother, I inherited it when she passed. She got it when she had to start cooking after her mom (who had done all the cooking) had a stroke. So it was over 20 years old. On the lower speeds I swear the VM is almost quiet.

I am glad you are feeling better.

Impressions: the bread is a tad bit eggy, so I'll do 5 next time, and it could use the salt. I may try the sunflower seeds next time to see if I can get a slightly less nut flavor to it. Not bad for a first try.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-16-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Impressions

I think the sunflower seed will make a nice bread...although I wonder if it will taste like peanut butter? I LOVE sunbutter - to me, tastes just like PB (we don't buy PB because DH has a peanut allergy...of course, he doesn't like my unsweetened sunbutter, but that's a different story).

What are today's plans?

There is more than one way to get things done right? Last night I got over 8 hours of sleep, no long stretches, but 8 hours and 41 minutes. Of course I stayed in bed for 10 hours and 15 minutes to get it. That is an 87% efficiency. I do feel really good today though.

So figuring that fat bread would be fat macro, I carelessly had 3 pieces of it (I got 26 out of the loaf, so the pieces were small) but, there are carbs, I anticipated there would be protein I did not expect that many carbs, so that was just enough to take my carbs over (I am over my goal by 7, there are 8 carbs in 3 slices of the bread). So my quest will be to make it with as few carbs as reasonable. Part of that will happen when I use a different fat. Thinking a combo of butter and olive oil maybe.

Anyway that is what I get for eating before I tracked and making assumptions about the macros.

Stats for yesterday
    Calories 1903 (1660)
    Carbs 32g (25g)
    Fat 168g (140g)
    Protein 94g (75g)

So that is 2 days in a row of higher calories, I am getting sloppy, need to clean it up.

That was my same issue - a bit carby - it's why I ultimately went to butter/lard combo.

I basically am needing to pre-track as well. I think over time, I won't have to do it - I'll know intuitively what works and what doesn't. It's a learning process.

I swear, I want one of those measuring devices, not because I care about most of the data, but would like to track my sleep. [It's all about the data]