Page 266 of 606 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 6056

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 266

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The reason the treadmill works for me is because I look forward to it and there is zero prep time to talk myself out of it. Those were the 2 things I had to overcome in order to exercise/move on a regular basis. So a stroll around town would be great, but what would make you look forward to it (mentally) and miss it (mentally and physically) when you don't do it? Also, I don't let myself go over 30 minutes. NO MATTER WHAT. so there is no "oh I didn't do it yesterday so now I have to do an hour" BS, nope that was yesterday this is today, 30 minutes. there is no "oh I am on it now so I may as well do an hour" BS, nope that will change it from something I look forward to sot something I have to make time for!

Personally, I honestly think that once your body starts to heal, and your stress is reduced to manageable, and you get quality sleep, you will just do it. No "having' to do it, you will just do it. A healthy body wants to be in motion. If I were you I would force myself NOT to do any movement, until at least you are getting decent sleep. (Except for working out in the yard, or just being in the sun in general, I don't think that sleep is improved by exercise, I think it is the other way around)

So last night I decided I wanted something sweet. So I made a dessert. LCHF one. Cream cheese and almond butter, whipped together till fluffy, then added sweetener (stevia and a bit of SF Davinci Hazelnut syrup-I know that one isn't Primal) and whipped it, then added some heavy cream and whipped it. Essentially a mousse. Nice. The boys liked it too. It did of course boost my calories and macros, but I planned it and enjoyed it.

I am feeling very good lately. This whole thing is starting to feel more like just the way I eat instead of a diet or WOE (in caps). I am just keeping the carbs very low, and working on portion control with protein, and watching my sources of fat. I think that is a strategy I can live with.

Sleep last night was not the greatest but it was good. I was in bed for 8:35, slept for 7:33, with a 90% efficiency, but I woke up 7 times, very briefly, but still. I feel good this morning though.

So the STATS:
    Calories 2,002 (1660)
    Carbs 35g/7% (25g)
    Net Carbs 21g (13g)
    Fat 178g/78% (140)
    Protein 79g/15% (75g)

Off to the treadmill

Oh man, I love that movie, only a little left for tomorrow's walk so I will just restart it. I was going to switch to "27 Dresses" but I am not done with "Mama Mia" yet, I don't want it to be over.

My list to watch while on the treadmill is Mama Mia, 27 Dresses, Enchanted, the Holiday, and there is one BFF has been trying to get me to see so I will have to borrow it from her, Love Actually, I think.

Today is the day I work on the frame for the picture I am hanging in my bedroom over my bed. Yep, I finally found a frame, then had a photo I did of St. George printed on a 30"x40" canvas. the frame is currently gold, which I like but I am going to paint it red, letting some of the gold show through, then glaze over it with a dark brown glaze to "antique" it so the red is more subdued. The photo has a couple (very small, they are maybe 2" tall in the canvas print) walking on the beach. There are other people and a dog, etc, but everyone else is in neutral colors and this elderly couple have red jackets on. The man has white hair and the woman has dark hair and they way they are standing reminds me of my parents. I love this photo, it is one of my favorites. So I am thinking by painting the frame with red it will make the couple more prominent.

for that same wall, I am going to get 2 smaller frames, and print 2 more photos and hang all 3 over my bed. But hey, one thing at a time. Hoping to get this big one done this weekend. I will have to paint the room (same color-different finish) before I hang anyway. Then it will be done (I had someone paint the ceiling when they repaired water damage in our living room-so I don't have to do that hated job) and DH will be happy (well as happy as he gets I suppose).

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Some day I hope I can come see your house. With your creativity, it must be beautiful. Maybe someday I can fly you out here and pay you as a consultant to help us with ours. I know what I like when I see it, but I can't recreate it to save my life. I'm hopeless in that area

Both of those things sound fun. This is the one area where I cannot stand to spend money. So i am constantly learning new skills to keep up with the crazy ideas. I also have a skewed sense of how difficult something is going to be and my ability to actually do it. But once i start i dont stop till i think it is perfect. Not so much talented as stubborn.

I do love this house but really the one we built in Florida showed off my creativity better.

Dh is working at home today so i have to wait until they go to the basketball game to play with the vitamix gonna make fat bread first.

The excitement would be killing me!

It is sad, but the last three times I have planned to pull it out he has come home early. I hate to say I was disappointed to see him, and hope I have a good poker face. I would hate for him to think I don't like him coming home early.

Ah, life is ironic some times. No doubt it's awesome to have him come early, but why when you have plans? Men

I want a meter, too, but I keep thinking, if I could do it without, it would be cheaper. 'Cause I know if I get the meter, I'll be using it all the time. I like data.

Do you make your own dried onions or do you buy them somewhere?