Page 263 of 548 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 5471

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 263

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    so mid morning, still not sleepy, actually feel pretty energetic. Little tummy growl a few minutes ago, but it is gone now.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    hmmm.. watching your progress...

Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Never did get sleepy, interesting.

So i made a seafood chowder using the clam chowder recipe as a base. Figuring I could add enough fat to over ride the protein. What i didnt bargain for was that they added sugar into the clams. So when i tracked the recipe i was surprised at the amount of carbs. So i didnt eat any. I just went on and had a bullet proof tea.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

I would say that my experiment is not terribly successful. Last night was another crappy sleep night. Yesterday evening I was prowling the pantry for protein. I will hang on today at least until dinner, but truly felt best on the first "real" day that I did this, which was Monday. But certainly not better than before I started the 90%. I think I need the protein, what I did find out though is that I don't really need the carbs. I tend to blame the lack of carbs on any down turn in the way I am feeling, and I think that keeping the fat fairly high actually has mitigated those issues.

I can see going high fat (90%) for a day maybe once a month or to shove myself quickly back into ketosis, maybe even, if I am only doing one day, keeping the calories lower. I could do that on a day that I am at work, and have something to do in the evening, away from my pantry.

TMI alert...last night I felt like I was going to start my period. You know that sort of unpleasant awareness of my lower abdomen. I am past due by about 2 weeks, so there is a possibility that hormones are in play here. Of course, they always are in one way or another, so I gotta learn to live with that.

So sleep last night, I was in bed for 8:15 and slept for 6:56 for an 84% efficiency. There was one stretch of 2 hours, and I can remember not long ago shooting to get at least a 90 minute stretch so it is all relative, but given what was happening last week, I call this a fail.

STATS:
    Calories 1,397
    Carbs 22g/6%
    Net Carbs 10
    Fat 148g/90%
    Protein 14g/4%

I find it odd that protein is less than carbs, shows how hard it is to get away from those little buggers!

So what other measures are you using to determine if this experiment was a success besides sleep?
    Karin

my jeans, I will try them on tomorrow morning, my rings-which are spinning in place but still a tug to get off, and my face as far as "looks" are concerned. My energy level and general attitude as far as non-looks are concerned.

So I am going to start to push lowering my carbs, because this experiment did show me that is doable and not that hard.

So I plan to shoot for less than 25g of carb, and about half that as fiber-so about 13g of Net Carbs, I am going to shoot for about 75g of fiber and 140g of fat. That comes to about 1,660 calories. I may eventually try to work my way down to 20g of carb or less, but my carbs come from my cream, my avocado, and my dinner salad, so I don't see those as being an issue. The clams for last night did sort of smack me in the head though as I assumed it was clams in clam juice, no thought that they would add sugar. So I need to get back to paying attention to labels.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I can say I wouldn't live this way -- I miss the protein and a few carbs. However, it has shown me that I CAN drop my calories, if that's what is needed. Of course, Atkins didn't intend for this to do more than kickstart things. If I have to do this every month (1x), I could make that work. Also shows me that I can get over my carb cravings.

Treadmill today?

yep, the treadmill comes this afternoon!!!!!!!!

whoohooo Jeans and treadmill!! What a great week!
    Karin

plus I only work a half day so I can be there to let them in for the treadmill! I am going to change out the ceiling fixtures in the living room, dining room, and kitchen while they set up the treadmill. Totally awesome day!