Page 262 of 605 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 6049

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 262

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Pre-tracking is usually good for me, unless I "plan" say a 300 calorie dinner and then something unavailable comes up (usually business related). Hate it when my plans go astray!

I'm so glad your cabbage soup is in our recipe group. I'm forever having to search for it and now I can go find it easily

I think the FF is a good experiment for us both. If it works, then I'll work even harder on my macros. I'm actually at about 80% fat right now. If 90% works, well, it'll give me some kind of information. If nothing else, maybe I do 3 days 1x/month to get a little weight loss. I'd be happy to lose 1 pound/month as long as it could be somewhat consistent!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    From doing the Atkins Fat Fast before, I would suggest weighing yourself every day while you are doing it. One caveat Atkins offered was that this should be used only by very insulin resistant people, and that the weight loss for 'normal' people might be too quick for comfort. I think we probably are all resistant(not sure I am using the right term, but I think you know what I mean) and it sounds like you are not keeping to 1,000 calories, but I would still be careful.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thanks, I think if the jeans get loose I will start worrying. But yes, I think since I am up closer to 1500 calories and only 3 days I should be fine. also I am a wimp if I feel crappy I will stop!

I am with you Ruth, if I lose 1 pound a month consistently I would be great with that. Just get the scale going down. Of course that, for me, would mean 2 years from now, I will hit goal. But since I have been dieting for 40+, 2 seems like a drop in the Pacific. And yes if my normal WOE is maintenance, and I have to do a fat fast once a month so be it. I doubt it, I think both our bodies will heal and allow us to eat LCHF, without having to go to extremes.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    so your moving to 1500 calories for 3 days?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I think it's more that both of us are going to 90% fat for 3 (short or long, depending on the view) days. Then, back to "normal" LCHF. In theory, for those of us who are particularly resistant, it is supposed to help us jump start things. Atkins has something like 1000 or 1200 calories (just for these 3 days), but I think Chris & I are more getting the macros and eating to satisfaction (for me, that's probably between 1200-1400 calories per day).

^what she said. I am aiming to hit 90% fat. My pre-tracking says it is 1483 calories for today. Yep, Atkins says 1,000 calories and 4 to 5 small meals. Not going there. That is why it is my own version. It could end up being less calories if I skip some of the planned HWC in my teas. But I did those to balance the macros, so we shall see.

I am feeling good, it is 2:40 here, and I am eating my lunch. Running errands all morning, and just replaced my regular "can" facing in the kitchen ceiling with an LED. Brighter, right color temp, and cheaper to run -$25 a piece to buy though and I need 8, so I just wanted to try 1 before I invested in the whole shebang.

So, for me, yesterday was not that hard. I did have Sunday as a sort of practice day though. Now, if I was also trying to come in under 1,000 calories I would not have been able to do it. Well, I could have, but I wouldn't have. Too much restriction for me.

I did not have a great night's sleep last night, Dh forgot to turn the heat down so our room was warm. Also wonder if the carbs are too low for good sleep. I guess we will see tonight. I woke up at 4:30, wide awake, so I just got out of bed. That means I was in bed for 7:10, slept for 6:27 which is a 90% efficiency. I don't feel sleepy, and I did have one long stretch with just a 1 minute blip in the middle. So we shall see how it goes.

STATS:
    Calories 1498
    Carbs: 20g/4% (5%)
    Net Carbs 7g
    Fat 158g/89% (90%)
    Protein 26g/7% (5%)

I call that close if not quite spot on.

Good news and bad news...bad news DH came home early and I ran errands all day, so still did not get to play with my Vitamix Good new is my treadmill is coming tomorrow

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    happy treadmill dance!!

Awesome news nailing the 90%. I have wondered about the relationship between carbs and sleep myself.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I'm pretty sure I call that perfect. Yay for the treadmill!

so mid morning, still not sleepy, actually feel pretty energetic. Little tummy growl a few minutes ago, but it is gone now.