Page 261 of 640 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 6395

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 261

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've found that with EMF, appetizers are more fun for me. I can look at recipes and convert them for my usage. And its great taking conventional recipes and making them low carb. Love how this gets the creative juices flowing.
    Georgette

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    yep, I agree, it also feels more conversational to stand around and do appetizers. and with the variety it is much easier to not draw attention to myself while we are all just nibbling.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Do you use any spices when you make your 'Unstuffed' Cabbage?

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Do you use any spices when you make your 'Unstuffed' Cabbage?
    Yes, inquiring and hungry minds want to know

Not in the big pot. But I often add things to the individual servings. My favorite is a mix i make with nutritional yeast, spike, and garlic powder. And sometimes i use tomatoes with seasonings. I do pretty heavily season the bone broth though.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Okay, well I am making it tomorrow, and will probably throw some caraway into the mix, which is what I used to put into my cabbage rolls. Also, my tomatoes have basil, oregano, and garlic in them. We'll see how that turns out.

That should be perfect.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

OK, so I will call yesterday a practice run on the fat semi-fast. I did well all day and at the end of the day for some reason decided I wanted (deserved?) something sweet. So I mixed some cream cheese, almond butter, and creamed coconut with a few drops of stevia. A little fat bomb, well within the "rules" I had laid out for myself. EXCEPT...I wasn't actually hungry, and I didn't stop even when I knew that, and I ended up excessively full. I still stayed within my original goals, so not horrible, but still not right.

So the goal for the next 3 days, is to hit a very high fat percentage (85%+), with whatever is left split up between the protein and the carbs. I am not going to aim for the 1,000 calories because well I think that is an arbitrary number and it feels too restrictive even with all that fat. So I will just say, as low as feels reasonable.

I did not sleep well last night, but I expected that, it takes me a few days to get back into a rhythm after I have thrown it off. I expect tonight to be much better. So I was in bed for 8:13, slept 7:00, that is an 84% efficiency. The longest stretch was only 1:35. Oh well, I have much to keep me busy and out of the pantry today. I got a Vitamix to play with!

So STATS:
    Calories 1,750 (1700)
    Carbs 35g (30g)
    Net Carbs 20g (20g)
    Fat 164 (140g)
    Protein 48g (75g)

For today I have pre-tracked (again) and I am comfortable with what it came out to, so lets see how it goes.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris? You are tweaking the plan even though you have not weighed in yet? Or are you just upping the fat for a time?

Congrats on the vita mix.. have fun playing. I will be watching for what you do with it.

Uncabbage rolls?? Did I miss something?

pre-tracking is awesome!! I try and do that as much as possible to help me stay inline.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

unstuffed cabbage soup. It is basically my grandmother's stuffed cabbage, without the rice and without the stuffing, just as yummy, so much easier. It is in the recipe group.

Nah, not a tweak so much as a mini-experiment for 3 days.

pre-tracking is the only way I can do this and not get to dinner and have to eat a stick of butter

Sabine, be sure to go to the recipe group and add any tweaks you make to the recipe.