Page 260 of 665 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 6650

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 260

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    nah, saw it on pinterest, and wondered the same thing. You could use haloumi if you can get that as well, any non-melting cheese.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Paneer is another option. I sautee it for my curry (not that I can eat it). It would be nice on a salad.

Got tomorrow planned out. Feeling more in control, which you know makes me feel better

good, less stress less fat being held by the body!

Ruth, I bet you could make almond milk or macadamia nut milk now that you have the Vitamix, and then use that to make a queso fresco which is essentially a version of cream cheese. (soft, fresh cheese).

a way to test it would be to first see if you can make a sour cream out of the milk. For a cup of milk it takes about a tablespoon of ACV. Leave it at room temperature overnight. If it has thickened at all, then it should work going through the whole boiling and ACV and salt process.
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-10-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: add a thought

I have pinned a great recipe for a mac nut cream cheese. I also have a recipe (haven't tried it either) for a coconut milk concoction that is similar to paneer. Both on my list to try. I'm TOTALLY planning on trying these things with my VM. Have I mentioned I'm in love?

After I finish giving DH a haircut this afternoon, I am going to read the manual, if I can do it without him seeing. I will obviously not lie to him about getting the Vitamix, and if he asks I will tell him the price, but if it just quietly became a part of my kitchen and he didn't have to find out the price it would stress him less. then I am going to start a list of the things I have been wanting to do with it. I will probably start making my own PB for the boys since it is so hard to find it sugar free. I could also use a macadamia nut butter to make their ice cream, bet they would like that! I think I even read somewhere you can make soft serve ice cream in it!

p.s. how is your dinner going?

I am prepping away. I LOVE to cook. It is so relaxing. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm going to eat that will keep me in NK. Pretty much everything will be LC (except for the lentil patties), but too many carbs for me.

I understand about the DH issue -- in part, because I am very similar to your DH (though a more mild version). Spending, even if needed/warranted, serves to stress me out. I'm better off to let DH use his judgement, but I don't want to know the details.

I can't imagine anything that can't be done with the VM...

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    You CAN make ice cream in it, and it is fantastic!

ooo, I am excited and sad (we just bought within the past 6 months a new ice cream maker)

Ruth, can you eat small amount and add ghee?

I love to serve and make sure everyone is comfortable. I am going to make a small chicken curry for me (lots of fat) and have a small serving of my favorite diacon achar. Then, I have some butter cookies I'll make for dessert - I'll have one. I'll enjoy the company and be busy serving and cleaning.

I thought that most people blended the ingredients in the VM and then still used the ice cream maker - though I guess for soft serve you wouldn't need the chill.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yes, actually for the boys I add chocolate chips at the end also, the VM would chew them up. It will work for me to do some sort of dessert thing though.

Our dinners for company have gotten quite casual. It used to be at least 4 courses and I served and cleared. Now we stand around and nibble appetizers (cheese, dips, and veggies), then I usually make a loaf of bread and a beautiful salad. We usually end up playing cards. Dh brews beer so that ends up filling everyone up. I rarely do dessert anymore.