Page 259 of 623 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 6225

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 259

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    the cabin was so nice and spacious we plan to take our hubbies back before summer.

yes, food wise I ended up not eating lunch, so even though I had a lot at "dinner" all of it was within the parameters of what I am eating. Except of course the wine, which I already knew.

Now tomorrow I will be ready to start playing with the vitamix.

So I am thinking about how successful Paula has been and I am going to try an experiment for the next few days. A version of a fat fast. I dont think I can happily live doing a true "Atkins" fat fast as it restricts calories too much i think but the idea of doing 80 to 90% of my calories from fat. The reason being that I feel confident I am not dropping fat. I dont feel thinner and my clothes are not getting looser. So i will be very careful not to go over my current calorie intake, and work to get my fat percentage way up keep carbs very low and protein will be the rest. Just for a few days to undo the "damage" of a bottle of wine and to hopefully kick start ketosis. Then I will figure out what to do from there.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I need to think about a fat fast as well... I may try one the next 3 days before I travel this week.

I would probably abandon ship, because NK is not easy, but I've had so many other improvements (sleep, acne, TOM cramps, cravings, etc.).

So back on track today. Tracking and living. sleep yesterday was weird. I came home and took a nap, but I am a horrible napper so it ended up being a little over 3 hours. Then of course I could not fall asleep, so got out of bed, watched SNL and tried again. That was successful but short and since I woke up naturally so I am going to say it was enough. In bed (the second time) 6:59 actual sleep 6:19 with a 95% efficiency.

So today is the first day of the fat bump up. I am basically going to eat my normal but cut out the protein sources and see what happens. I will also probably add HWC to every cup of hot tea I drink. I only plan to do this for 3 to 5 days, after that we will see what happens. My pre-tracking for today tells me that it is totally doable.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I need to think about a fat fast as well... I may try one the next 3 days before I travel this week.

I would probably abandon ship, because NK is not easy, but I've had so many other improvements (sleep, acne, TOM cramps, cravings, etc.).
    I was actually talking about this this weekend. Between drastically improved sleep, and drastically less joint pain (I have arthritis in at least the thumbs), and drastically increased energy (may be from the sleep), that I feel like even if I stay this same weight, as long as my health continues to improve, I may just get myself to learn to live with the weight and get on with it.

I could probably learn to live with the weight if I could figure out how to maintain without so much time and thought spent on just staying here. I know I have to eat like for the rest of my life, but I don't understand why maintaining doesn't feel easy right now either.

probably because you really are meant to get lower. I really think your stress from travel and work fight hard against you. Do this 3 days of essentially fat bomb with me and see what happens.

I'm in. It will have to start tomorrow, though, for me. I'll do Monday through Wednesday, which will hopefully set me up nicely for my trip on Thursday and Friday. We are having company tonight and I'm making vegetarian Nepali food, so today is going to be a challenge to stay in NK!!

ok, cool. My DD would be so excited to join you! Actually I think she would be much happier with the way I am eating now than the first time I went VLC, I am now pretty nearly vegetarian, what meats I do eat are well sourced and small quantities. So I am doing it today and will go through Wednesday with you.

My MFP today says I am at about 1,250 calories and 91% fat! I did just basically cut out my protein sources and increase my HWC. easy peasy.

I will probably not play with my Vitamix today. DH is staying home from work, and I don't want to bring attention to a new expensive appliance, and the noise will definitely get his attention. So I will make cheese today instead. I found a recipe for queso fresco, which I plan to cut into cubes, season, and fry up to use as croutons in the boys caesar salads.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I found a recipe for queso fresco, which I plan to cut into cubes, season, and fry up to use as croutons in the boys caesar salads.
    That sounds fantastic. Why have I never done this? You are a genius.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony