Page 256 of 546 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 5459

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 256

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yep, agreed, short term, cause if you don't sleep, it ain't gonna happen (fat loss I mean)

I am bored? My hours got doubled at the start of the year, but the things that I am supposed to be doing have not been given to me yet. The woman who is going to teach me what I need to know to do it, has been going through radiation treatments, and then her mom passed away this weekend, so she is pre-occupied. Once we got the exhibit display done, a week and a half ago, then I got caught up on my work last week, now I am twiddling my thumbs.

So, what I think is going to work well for me is to eat 2 meals and 2 snacks on the 3 days I work "long days" and just do the 3 meals on the day that is short and on my days off. Because when I walk in the door from work I want to eat something. So if I have half of what would have been my lunch ready to eat, then that solves that problem.

I also figured something out last night. I like to eat. I enjoy food, and I don't want to skip eating. Now I am not going to eat if I am totally not hungry. But I am still not very good at catching when I am hungry. What happens most often right now, if I don't eat I don't get hungry, until I start to feel like crap. Kind of nauseous, a bit light headed almost headachy, my back aches a bit, definitely past regular hunger. I fear this means I am still working on sugar instead of my fat stores. Although I haven't let myself get to this point in a while, because well I like to eat. So if I think I should be hungry, I will probably eat something.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Learning to listen to the body is hard. I have been learning what empty but not hungry feels like. Empty means I will be hungry soon and should be thinking about something to eat. So when the meal is ready, I am at that empty/hungry stage. I was thinking about this very thing yesterday. I was like, "I feel empty as in not full, but I am not really hungry". I know when I go too long in hunger though, I am the witch of Kansas. lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I've been struggling in part because I like the sensation of eating. I like to feel pleasantly full. With EMF, I'm not hungry, but there's not a whole lot of volume and I never feel really full. Now that I'm aware............ I figured out I can eat 1/4 cup of raw sunflower seeds. A few more carbs than I would like, and probably just an okay fat profile, but a lot of food (better than 10 little nuts) that mentally makes me feel good (I get to eat more than 10 little bites). I'm also drinking a ton of tea. I feel like how I think a person quitting smoking does - I need the oral fixation (and, it helps get me that full feeling with enough liquid. At some point I need to get over this...but one thing at a time!!!).

tea is probably a good replacement for junky carbs. I drink a lot! I have a mug of matcha/HWC/butter that is 14oz, then my smoothie, which is another 18oz, then I drink a 50oz bottle with a mix of teas, then I drink a 12oz mug of tea with coconut milk/HWC mixed at lunch. Then a liter bottle of water, then once I get home from work I go to hot teas, usually 2 or 3 12oz mugs-with or without HWC depending on my macros. (on my days off I usually don't finish the liter of water.)

I eat a big salad at dinner and that satisfies my need for quantity. I weigh the greens and 3oz of mixed greens is a lot, I could probably bump it up to 4oz and still come under my macros. I like it because it takes time to eat as well. I switched to putting sunflower seeds on it from nuts or pumpkin seeds because they have the best profile.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    At my one meal where I eat my primary veggies, I'm pretty happy. Maybe I need to move my veggies to lunch - that's where I most notice that I don't have a lot of "volume".

Lunch is the meal where I will overeat because I am in a work avoidance mode. On the days that I am not at work, I need to increase the volume, or at least the time it take to consume, which is why I do at least one cup of hot tea then.

So yesterday was a weird day. I ate my mini-meal at 2:30, then when I got home at 4:30 I did a bit more. Then I went to a lecture at 6:30 and got home about 8:15, so I was a bit hungry but not enough for the dinner I had planned, so I nibbled a bit. I still put it into the tracker before I ate, so I came in under my macros no problem. I am getting better at this. I really think that going back and looking at my macros when I was successful before and seeing I was basically hitting them without trying gave me the confidence to relax a bit.

So sleep last night was lousy. DH was snoring like a chain saw, and I had some hot flashes. So I was up 7 times, none for a terribly long time, but when I am only in bed for a little over 8 hours (8:10), it is hard to get 8 hours of sleep if I wake up that many times. So actual sleep time was 6:48 with an 84% efficiency. That is still better than what I was doing before LCHF, but I guess I was getting spoiled.

I am taking tomorrow off so I will work a whole day today instead of a half. That will make DS happy as it means we won't make it to rifle practice. And that way I can help her get the mailing out on time. She has to take her toddler in for a CAT scan this morning (he has a slight deformity of his spine and will at some point have to have it operated on, he is 2 next month), so she won't even get to work until noon, it would not be helpful if I left at 1.

So Stats:
    Calories 1698
    Carbs 31g (30g)
    Net Carbs 25g (20g)
    Fat 150g (140g)
    Protein 71g (75g)

It continues to be a strange thing to me that I can go over on all my macros and still come under the calories. It surprises me that the rounding is that far off.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a crappy night and a busy day. At least your son benefits from misse rifle practice. Is he on a shooting team? ROTC? I am sure you have said, I just have a crappy memory. Good luck today and better luck tonight quieting the chainsaw.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Wooo hoo look at you listening to your body and coming in under your macros! Well DONE! Sorry about the sleep though. That stinks. Maybe DH needs a sleep whacha-call-it.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.