Page 255 of 652 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 6514

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 255

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok.. I am waiting to have this restful wonderful sleep everyone speaks of. I was awake AGAIN at 3am. I am thrilled though that you have found what works for you. If you can unlock the chemical problem, which our bodies are essentially a large chemistry kit, you can get it to do what you want!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    If our bodies are a chemistry kit, therein lies my problem....I have always been terrible at science. Now, give me a paper to write, and I can do fabulous

Hi I decided to stop in and browse through your journal. I am glad to see that eventhough it has been a long process you are not giving up. I was 225 3yrs ago, today 173. It has been a very long and slow weightloss for me with ups and downs and many methods tried along the way.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    wow, foodie, thank you so much for the encouragement, I really appreciate that. Especially knowing that your journey though long is being successful.

haha, the only chemistry class I took is the one that caused me to change my major in college! I can do math though!

Karin, I thought that it was the whole exercise issue and the fact that basically I don't, that was keeping me from getting a good night's sleep. Apparently not. Maybe if you evaluate your meds, and more importantly when you take them to see if that could be causing a problem. Maybe taking them with a meal or at breakfast if they might be the issue? I still wake up about 3 times a night, and one is almost always 3am, but fall right back to sleep. I do remember that I woke up, but not how many times until I look at the fitbit report in the morning.

One of the things that I do is to force myself to start to bed at 9pm (during the week anyway). I go through my bed time routine and get into bed within 15 to 20 minutes. I also added a floor box fan to kill the noise. Its hum is usually enough to even keep me from waking up when DH comes to bed (after he wakes up from napping in front of the tv in a recliner) somewhere between 11:30pm and 1:30am. wonder if it isn't the dogs moving around or something like that?

Well, I take my meds in the morning. Although I am considering a advil PM at night. I downloaded an app on my kindle with resting sounds and turned that on. Eventually I could relax enough to get back to sleep. At least for the last hour and a half.
    Karin

So its not the meds then, rats that would have been an easy change.

I really think the box fan (prior to the dietary change) made the biggest difference. If you can find one now, it would be cheap! although I do sleep better when I take tylenol. I think that I wake up because I have slept too long in one position and the hip or shoulder start to nag me.

see, I have wondered if its "hidden pain". You know that pain that is not easily recognized? I am going to try the PM stuff tonight and see if it makes a difference.
    Karin

yes, I just wish there was a non-drug way (and that means supplements and herbs too) that I could get the same result. Maybe when the extra weight is gone? Or maybe I should start yoga again.

I think when the weight is gone and takes the inflammation with it, a lot of the problem will be solved. In the mean time, give me drugs..wait.. LOL
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yep, agreed, short term, cause if you don't sleep, it ain't gonna happen (fat loss I mean)