Page 254 of 546 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 5460

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 254

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So yesterday was a successful day. I ran a ton of errands, although there were a few things I didn't get done, I got most of what I wanted to accomplish done. (hey Ruth, Costco had a Vitamix for $379, it is the 5200 with the 64oz container, and without the grain container, I will likely pick it up on Friday, gonna be hard to pass up that price as it is $50 less than anything else I have seen) I ended up with 8,600 steps and that is without the treadmill.

Eating went very well, much easier when the house is full of groceries. I found the 5htp, so I took one last night. I will try to remember to take it with dinner today and see if that makes a difference. I took it after dinner last night, which was late anyway, so it was almost 8:30 when I took it, not sure if it affected my sleep, but I do remember a couple of crazy dreams. My sleep for last night was a 91% efficiency, I was in bed for 8:15, and slept 7:25. My stretches of uninterrupted sleep were not as long as the night before, but still pretty good.

STATS:
    Calories 1625 (1700)
    Carbs 29g (30g)
    Net Carbs 20g (20g)
    Fat 147g (140g)
    Protein 59g (70g)

So, I have to work this out in my head...I am going on a girls' retreat with my 2 BFF's on Friday night. Dinner is wine and cheese. I am thinking that I will keep my carbs to zero or as close as possible all day to compensate for the wine. We are renting a cabin, so I can take whatever I want, so it is not going to be a problem other than that. Wondering if that will create a need to start over again on Saturday? anyone know if alcohol has a negative effect besides its carbs (and likelihood of increased eating-which won't happen cause, well we will be in a cabin in the woods).

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    your girls weekend sounds fun!!! Not sure about wine effects besides carbs. WHOOHOO on getting the vitamix sooner!! so jealous!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

it should be a blast!

getting the vitamix will help heal the wound of the disappointment over the first treadmill

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I could barely read past the word Vitamix for $379

On alcohol, from what I've read, wine will throw you out. Hard liquors will not. Just taking a wild guess, I think it's the sugars, not so much the carbs per se. But, what do I know?

Have a great day.

You are so funny! Are you a Costco member? Or know one who will buy it for you?

Funny thing today, I am not hungry. I had my typical "breakfast", so no change there. And I am only mid way through my 3rd clean day (this time around). It is 2:30, which is about when I eat my lunch, I am drinking a cup of tea with cream and coconut milk in it, and just had 2 oz of gouda that I brought for lunch. I am going to save the avocado I brought till I get home in 2 hours though. Just not really hungry. Weird that!

Well, I will say right here, I am gonna drink the wine and I am likely to drink a good amount of it. I will just do the best I can till then, and plan a start over on Saturday. Or, I could go to the Low Carb site and find an acceptable alcohol drink-which I would only need one of, cause I am one cheap date I tell ya!

so I googled it and well guess what Mark actually had an article on alcohol...Definitive Guide to Alcohol on a Low Carb Diet | Mark's Daily Apple

So red wine it is, and now I don't feel so bad having one every once in a while with the hubs.

What's crown considered? That's my drink.

what is crown, scotch? I think it falls right in after red wine. He has red wine as the top choice.

Well how is this for a kick in the pants...before I started Primal in August of 2011, I was doing low carb and had lost 22 pounds. But was feeling uncomfortable about the fake stuff. I had already started easing that stuff out of my diet when I found MDA. When I started MDA, for some reason (and yes I read the book) I stopped doing low carb, well stopped VLC. I stopped tracking for the most part, started eating more red meat.

Well I just went back to the days I was tracking before I started Primal and well you guessed it, my weekly averages were pretty much the same as what I am trying to do now, but it seemed like less work. I wasn't trying to limit my calories or protein, nor was I trying to increase my fat. But once I stopped doing induction (at less than 20g of carb a day) and started feeling good, I was averaging 30g of carb, 150g of fat, and 70g of protein and 1750 calories! and losing weight. go figure.

Even funnier, my "breakfast" was pretty much the same as now (I was using eggs instead of whey, but I am now just using the whey up and had planned to do eggs when I run out).

So that actually makes me feel better. I can relax a bit (not on carbs) I did it before and I can do it again.

PrimalCon New York
    That's good news! You know this works for you and that you can do it.