Page 249 of 548 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 5471

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 249

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yep, I do the treadmill in jammies. I have a pair of slip on sneaker type shoes that I slide into on the way down the stairs to the basement and just get on the machine, tv remote in hand and away I go.

I tried the walking thing but then I gotta put on some clothes and real shoes and that means socks and that means I gotta sit down and well by then I have allowed myself to get distracted.

With the Tabata I do with DS most of the time we do it as we are walking back into the house after I have picked him up from somewhere.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I used to do the treadmill in my jammies... of course I USE to do it at 5am. No room at the new place for the treadmill.. I need to walk the town though.. I am doing nada
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

So, February 1st. Friday. I have been clean and very close to my macros since Sunday, today will be the 6th day. Each day gets easier. I started EMF on January 9th, when we got back from vacation. It took a bit of playing with my menu to get things right, and I had a few days where I got into trolling the pantry, munching on pistachios, but it all seems to have settled in now. So my goals for our continuing challenge...

-Get to 10,000 steps a day. Once I get my treadmill, I will record these as part of my daily stats.
    -Tabata 1x a week (for now)
    -Calories under 1700
    -Carbs under 30g
    -Net Carbs half of carbs (I plan for half of my carbs to be fiber)
    -Fat stay close to 140g
    -Protein under 75g

My ultimate goal weight is to be under 170lbs, my HSIS is 160lbs. My weight at the last weigh-in (1/12/13) was 268.8, my next weigh in and measurement will be March 4th.

So, Metro called school today, it snowed last night. We have maybe an inch on the ground, but our county is very large with lots of small country roads, and the temperature is in the teens. I would have gotten to sleep in, if, they had called it before I went to bed. As it was, they sent the text out at 5am. So actually woke me up early to say I didn't have to wake up. My work closes when Metro closes so I get the day off too. I plan to spend the day working on DD's t-shirt quilt, would love to finish it by the 18th since DS and I will be visiting her. Would be nice to be able to take it along.

So yesterday's Stats:
    Calories 1676
    Carbs 26g (<30g)
    Net Carbs 13g (13g~half of carbs)
    Fat 141g (~140g)
    Protein 70g (<75g)

Oh, and sleep last night, in bed for 7:25, asleep for 6:29, with a 90% efficiency. Even better I had 4 hours uninterrupted in the middle of the night!

So it is all good!
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-01-2013 at 05:25 AM. Reason: sleep

Take a pic when your done with the quilt. I want to see! I am not good at sewing (its not my medium of choice) but what a cool thing to do with DD's t-shirts if I could find a simple no muss no fuss (in other words- can not screw it up) way.
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Great day and great goals, Chris!!!! They all sound reasonable and doable.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I just committed to a new intensity for Feb, too and posted it seconds after your post. Then I read your post. What is "our challenge?" Have you got a support group going? You sound like you are doing really well!

We had a "snow day" here yesterday, too. But ours included about a foot of new snow, blown around by high winds, white-outs, icy roads (we'd had a thaw with heavy rains just the day before, then a sudden drop of about 20 degrees C (+11C/~52F to -13C/9F)) Nasty. But isn't an unexpected day off the best thing? And to spend it quilting is just about perfect!

Sewing is definitely not my medium of choice, it is my DD's though, she is great at it. But, I wanted to do this for each of my children. I have saved their t-shirts from the beginning, not knowing what to do with them. Once I took about 4 from each of them and sewed the arms, neck, and bottom shut, and then stuffed them to make pillows. Very cute. Since then, I have just been saving them.

Karin, on my pinterest board (either crafts or I want to do it) there are several "easy" quilts for t-shirts. I will post my completed one on there. I am actually making a duvet cover. So I am sewing strips of t-shirts together then sewing them to a sheet, then sewing a light blanket to the back of that leaving a pocket for the comforter, with a way to tie the whole thing closed.

Yep, unexpected days off are the best.

Martha, hello! We had an Eat More (Moar) Fat January Challenge group. Very very supportive! So we decided to morf it into a "challenge continues" thread. Pebbles will start it up today after our members post their successes on the January thread. It should be showing up in "today's posts"

Thanks Ruth. I dropped the carbs a bit because I am not convinced I have hit NK yet, at least not deeply.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    It took me a LONG time this month to get back into NK. Even after clean eating, I think it took 3-4 days. I have to keep the combo of my carbs and protein at 70 g total. Your theory that it doesn't matter (to a certain extent) as long as the two don't exceed seems to work for me.

I want to craft so bad, but I have yet to find anything I'm good at. Would love to knit...but am not good at that either. Someday, maybe, I'll find something

I am trying to get into NK.. it is so HARD!!! I have not made it yet.
    Karin

PrimalCon New York
    Karin, that is why I thought a tweak was in order for me. I know when I did induction 2 years ago, just before I went Primal, I lost 30 pounds, but I went down to 20g of carbs. Although I did bring it back up to over 30g and still kept losing. So I am looking for the sweet spot.