Page 248 of 599 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 5983

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 248

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    grrrr, sad news. the guys brought the box into the basement and started to take the stuff out to put it together and the casing on the treadmill was cracked. So they boxed it back up and are returning it. And I have to re-order it, which I am hesitant to do until the credit shows up on my card. So sh*t, likely another 2 weeks before I get the treadmill. I am....disappointed
    Bleh. Sorry to hear this. Stinks a lot. I'll join in the sad panda face parade for you.

So, no pity binge for me. I ate my salad with the shrimp on it, then went to a class that is being taught by one of my favorite people. Saw some of my other favorite people. Had a great time. Came home in time to get ready for bed, and off to sleep.
    This is much better however. Nicely done.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    thanks. I am still sad, but I figure over the lifetime of the treadmill 2 weeks is not going to make that much difference. And maybe, this will really make me appreciate it more when I do get it.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    I hate that the mill was cracked, but also glad they noticed it and you don't have a crappy unit to deal with. Maybe you could spend your 30 minutes doing some stretching and jumping jacks?

I just haven't exercised. I need to make myself, I am letting work lead me by the nose instead of vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    I just haven't exercised. I need to make myself, I am letting work lead me by the nose instead of vice versa.
    In this we could be twins.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

My son and I do a 4 minute Tabata routine, 1x a week. That is my exercise. I can always find more interesting things to do than to exercise. I will use a treadmill, cause I just walk downstairs and get on it, and won't allow more than 30 minutes on it, no matter what. I watch my fav movies while on it, that I don't get to watch now that it is just me and the boys in the house. But if I have to change clothes or put on shoes, well that gives me time to talk myself into doing something else!

But if I have to change clothes or put on shoes, well that gives me time to talk myself into doing something else!
    Isn't this sad? I do the exact same thing. "Oh, time to exercise...yeah, but that requires me to put on pants. Huh, tomorrow sounds good for exercise."

ditto! Or as I am walking into the bedroom to change I see something and start picking up then I get to the bedroom and forget why I went in there, come back out and start up the vacuum.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, glad you didn't let the disappointment of the treadmill derail you!!!!

That's why I like walking. I wear (generally) whatever I have on (except for the shoes - gotta have decent shoes) and can just go. The gym - it was always such an effort

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Can you do the treadmill in your jammies?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

yep, I do the treadmill in jammies. I have a pair of slip on sneaker type shoes that I slide into on the way down the stairs to the basement and just get on the machine, tv remote in hand and away I go.

I tried the walking thing but then I gotta put on some clothes and real shoes and that means socks and that means I gotta sit down and well by then I have allowed myself to get distracted.

With the Tabata I do with DS most of the time we do it as we are walking back into the house after I have picked him up from somewhere.