Page 246 of 611 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 6103

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 246

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I hear you there. I was always referred to as the yardstick because viewed from the side there was nothing front or back. Viewed from the front or back was a different story. Wide hips!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I have, and have always had, a high round rear, so no never called yardstick. But yes, wide hips. Which contrary to popular belief did not help in child birth! Doc said you actually want to be wide from a side view! And all those years I thought "well at least I have good child birthing hips"

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I lose in my tummy last, although my thighs are not losing like they did in the past.

I have a faint fear that my approaching menopause (it must be approaching for heavens sake when do I get to stop having TOM?) is altering my body shape. I hope this isn't the case, because even when at my largest, I have appreciate my general shape.

OK, so I just had one of the best dinners I have ever made!

I made some homemade dressing using homemade mayo, cream, a splash of ACV, and a tablespoon of that Johnny's Caesar Garlic Spread and seasoning (from Costco) and put it on some romaine lettuce.

Then I made my version of shrimp scampi, 2T butter, 2T Olive oil, and 2T coconut oil, got it hot, then put in a bunch of smashed garlic cloves (sorry I didn't count), then I tossed in 2lbs of frozen cooked shrimp. sprinkled the whole thing with about a tablespoon of the seasoning stuff. Covered it and cooked until the shrimp was hot.

then I filled my plate with the salad, and put 3oz of the shrimp on top and took a big spoonful of the juice and poured it on top, then sprinkled a tablespoon of bacon pieces on top.

So easy, and crazy yummy. and filling, I am stuffed.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-29-2013 at 05:00 PM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh your dinner sounds wonderful!! I envy your creativeness at dinner time. I usually get home and think, crap.. what can I throw together because I am tired! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

haha! Basically when I go to the grocery I buy frozen, ie. the shrimp, or whatever meat is on sale and freeze it. I also keep frozen veggies in there. I also always make salad, trying to use homemade dressings. The creativity happens when I walk in the door from work and think, Rats, what am I making for dinner, whats in the freezer. Then I think what other ingredients do I have and how few pots and pans can I use! Last night was desperation. The boys prefer caesar salad, and I had run out (this is the only bottled one I buy), thus the homemade (which was way better than the bottled so no more of that!). I had the shrimp but needed to add a lot of fat, naturally that means scampi. then I just found a couple of recipes and used what I had from each. I just got lucky.

I gotta tell you this seasoning stuff I got from Costco is fantastic... Not really primal, and well not much different than buying a bottle I guess, but yum!

http://johnnysfinefoods.com/products...-spread-10oz/#
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-30-2013 at 05:35 AM. Reason: oops

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I tend to always have a nicely stocked freezer but often forget to pull something out to be thawed or semi thawed for dinner. LOL DD is the easy one, usually. She has her go-to favorites. However, on a positive front.. she is moving toward primal and does not know it. She does not eat much bread lately not because I do not buy it but she prefers without. This goes gor hamburgers and hotdogs made at home. Is she there? No.. but she is tip toeing this way.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I rarely thaw, I usually just throw the frozen right into the pan!

DD will get there, she is still young.

Ok, so yesterday was a great food day. And I took the table I had been working on back to work so I will have room for the treadmill, which arrives sometime today between 10:45 and 2:45. eee so excited!

STATS:
    Calories 1647
    Carbs 25g (35g)
    Net Carbs 20g (20g)
    Fat 147g (140g)
    Protein 70g (70)

So fat was a bit high, but I came in well with everything else. And the fat was so worth it!

Sleep last night was ok, but I had a few wake ups because of the storm. Nothing happened to our house, and I don't remember waking up more than once so I went right back to sleep, but when I went out this morning trash cans and limbs and stuff was strewn all over the roads.