Page 245 of 665 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 6650

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 245

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Kymma, I like the hot rod idea, you could find a photo of a really sleek sexy model and pin it up where you can see it. So much nicer than putting up a pin-up of some woman you think you want to look like!

Honeybuns, I know mentally you are right. I just doubt I would have the will to not tweak something if I went 2 months and there was no change. I have already decided that if that happens, I will just drop my carbs a bit more but leave the fat an protein pretty much where they are. Then, if I feel just as good doing that, maybe hold it for a few months, then slowly add them back to my current goal. I know that "Atkins Induction" level carbs (20g or so) are not sustainable, but might be useful as a kick start. I could not do it when I tried it before, but I think with the fat higher it is probably doable, though unlikely very fun.

BUT, if I lose anything, even if it is only inches, I will be able to hold on to what I am doing. If it is a loss but not as much as I would like, I will just work harder to stay focused on the goals.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    BUT, if I lose anything, even if it is only inches, I will be able to hold on to what I am doing. If it is a loss but not as much as I would like, I will just work harder to stay focused on the goals.
    This sounds like a great plan and reminds me that I need to take measurements. I think I'll take baseline measurements on Feb 1st when I report my January success or failure. That will give me something to compare with March 1st.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Your not weighing is stressing me out. lol

Seriously, I fear that when you weigh in March, there will be a lot riding on it.

I am excited for you to get your treadmill because I feel that exercise is a huge part of firing up the metabolism. Certainly I would not be seeing the numbers I am now without it.

Paula, you are so cute! You can rest assured that I will not be quitting the EMF WOE, no matter what the scale says. I know now that VLC (or at least pretty LC) is the way my body wants to go, the only weight I have lost in the last 5 years or so has been doing LC. The devil is in the details, I obviously will be sad if there is zero loss. But staying off the scales is keeping me from doing that daily tweaking that I am notorious for when I am on the scales daily. I do need to let my body equip itself.

I totally agree with the exercise at the very least making me feel better. and I know that the walking on the treadmill tightens up things even if the scale doesn't show that. It comes Wednesday! I won't be able to start till Thursday though cause I have a class to go to Wednesday night, and I will probably have to work late to make up for the fact that I had to take off to be at home for the delivery.

today, when DS gets home from his camp, we will do our weekly tabata. Eventually, I want to get this up to 3 times a week, starting with Sundays for now, and will add a day once we get to regular habit status.

Well, rats, I still have an eating control issue. That cream cheese/bacon dip with celery calls my name from the fridge. It looks like I can only make it when there will be enough people to eat it, no leftovers! It has just a tad too many carbs in it to be able to eat it willy nilly. At any rate I have no business eating willy nilly.

I also didn't drink enough yesterday, so my fingers are puffy.

So what I did yesterday that didn't work was that I did not pre-track my foods before I ate them. I just ate what I felt like it. It was a mini experiment, to see if I could listen to my body and respond in a reasonable healthful way. So I would probably have done better if the cream cheese dip wasn't in the fridge? Or maybe I would have scavenged on something else? So back to what worked=pre-tracking.

STATS:
    Calories 1602 (1700)
    Carbs 44g/11% (35g)
    Net Carbs 34g (20g)
    Fat 129g/73% (140g)
    Protein 63g/16% (70g)

so the only thing I went over on was carbs and it is the one thing I absolutely don't want to go over on.

Also, what was I thinking, DS do activity when he gets home from camp? He slept. We will do the Tabata when we walk in the door from rifle practice.

p.s. sleep was good again! in bed for 8 hours, slept 7:13, 92% efficiency. Had 2 long stretches of sleep. If nothing else, this WOE helps with that, and that is a huge deal!
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-28-2013 at 06:16 AM.

DH was snoring last night, my sleep...less than stellar! In bed for 8hours and 10 minutes, slept for 6 hours and 46 minutes, 87% efficiency. But there are no nice long stretches of sleep, the longest is just over 2 hours. Now I should not complain, because I can remember trying to get 90 minutes straight!

Yesterday was a very good day. I puttered around the house, finished the re-finish on a table I have been working on, did the laundry, ordered a 30x40 canvas print of a photo I took at St. George Island to hang over my bed (DH will be so happy!), colored and trimmed my hair, and took the kid to rifle practice.

Food was near spot on and I never even thought about the pantry or the pistachios!

And the treadmill comes tomorrow! I am so excited.

STATS:
    Calories 1653 (1700)
    Carbs 35g/8% (35g)
    Net Carbs 25g (20g)
    Fat 143g/76% (140)
    Protein 71g/16% (70g)

I felt really good all day, got done what I wanted to get done, life is good!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    May you rack up the miles on your new treadmill! Congratulations on the new addition! Ok.. catch me up.. what are you changing?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Nah, I am not going to change anything, unless I do the March weigh in and get no results. In which case I will likely cut down further on carbs. Right now I am just trying to get super consistent with hitting very close to the macros.

So here is an interesting thing...I have been feeling like my belly is a bit bigger than typical for me. I almost always lose my tummy first when I am losing weight, so I watch it closely. But my pants' waist bands seem to be fitting pretty much the same or a bit snug? and my side view is agreeing with that assessment. However, that little bump of flesh that I see when I look straight in the mirror that is the handful just below the waist seems to be getting smaller. My thighs may also be getting smaller. The part that is weird though is that my rings are driving me nuts with their twirling around on my finger when I am typing. And I went to pick something up last night and my hand and wrist looked positively svelte. Then this morning I put on a pair of shoes I have not had on in a couple of years, because they had gotten snug across the toes. Well they fit well, even a bit loose. So maybe I am losing from the outside in. funny

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Chris, I lose like that. I lose in my feet first! Weird and sad I know LOL! I then lose around my collar bone and those bones start protruding. I think to myself.. no no no.. the fat on my ass first!! Silly body!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    this is hard for me mentally because I have always had a relatively flat tummy. When I was in high school, and for most of my life, my side view showed a totally flat belly. I think that is part of the reason that I was able to get so heavy and not feel "obese" cause I had a relatively flat tummy. So now that it is kinda stickin out, well, its not so good mentally.