Page 244 of 548 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 5471

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 244

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't want to be skinny - I want to by CURVY, but without so much fat I don't even think I'd mind pleasantly plump - a little padding, depending upon where it ended up Of course, I don't know how many curves I really do have. I've never been thinner than a size 12 and I had a much different body comp then than I do now (I got there by strict WW and jogging 6 days per week. So, my legs were skinny, but I had a belly.). I like this body comp better - I think there are curves attached (not an hour glass, which I would love, but at least something).

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Curvy is definitely me. It is rumored that at one point in her career Marilyn Monroe weighed 155, I like to believe that rumor, cause that is the kind of curvy I am looking for.

Sleep last night was amazing! I slept 8 hours out of being in bed for 8 and a half, that is a 97% efficiency. I woke up when Dh woke up from the recliner and came to bed and I woke up at my weekday time of 5:30, but both were brief. It has got to be the food, I have not started exercising yet. (well except for the once a week Tabata-once). BUT, the treadmill arrives Wednesday afternoon, I start walking on Thursday. I will get DS to set up the DVD player since we moved a different tv down to the basement, so I will be ready to walk and watch a movie. I think the first one will be Mama Mia.

I was talking to a co-worker about that movie and she said she cries at the same places I do...obviously mom helping daughter get ready for the wedding, but also the "Dancing Queen" scene. Funny, cause it is a happy scene, but I cry every time.

Anyway food was less than stellar. The lesson I learned yesterday about food, I do not do well on the days that I decide to do a snack. So not matter what no more snacks, either eat a meal or have some tea or just walk away.

STATS:
    Calories 1964 (1700)
    Carbs 52g/10% (35g)
    Net Carbs 35g (20g)
    Fat 166g/74% (140)
    Protein 77g/16% (70g)

percentages stayed in line, just too much food. I will do better today, good sleep will ensure it!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Wow great sleep! Mine was just OK last night. I was restless for some reason. Good thing my after, noon nap kept my numbers up.

Can't wait for the treadmill.

Oh and I want to be an Athletic B. Like Dara Torres of olympic swimming fame.

I used to cut Dara's hair when she was at UF training (I can't remember if she was a student there as well) many years ago. She is a lovely person, and yes, as you would expect solid as a rock, smart too, and actually prettier in real life.

Wow, Chris, how cool.

I love strong women. For awhile, that was my goal, but I decided I'm too lazy to consistently train to get that kind of body. Walking and some body weight movements...if I can keep those up, I'll be happy

Yeah, me too. I used to think I would start lifting eventually. I actually did for about 5 years (when I went to the gym everyday for the "free" babysitting) but hated every second of it. Once my kids started school, I quit going, I didn't need the 2 hours of me time anymore.

p.s. that was about the only thing cool about living in Gainesville Florida as a parent (it is fantastic for college students and retirees). My kids actually had Olympic Gold medalists teaching them how to swim (not Dara), play basketball and coach soccer.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-26-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: add p.s.

So, yesterday was fun. I got a lot done (Grocery shopped, Cleaned the house, laundry that sort of thing) and we had my BFF and her hub over for dinner and cards. I got the kitchen so clean, BFF actually mentioned it. I usually have pots and pans drying next to my sink, especially when company comes because they are usually from making the dinner, and it is even worse when DD is home because she cooks late and only half cleans. But yesterday I had enough energy to actually get all that put away and even got my shower done in enough time to watch This Old House before company arrived! About 80% of the time we have any company coming I end up running late and don't even get my shower in.

Sleep, I tell ya, is a wonderful thing!

So for dinner I made the Cream Cheese/Bacon Dip I added to our LCHF recipe group. Funny thing is that it started out as a 1/2 recipe of Geo's Buffalo Chicken Dip, but I didn't have all of the ingredients I thought I did, so I did enough substitutions that it really isn't her recipe at all. BUT, OMG, it is good.

Dinner was basically munchies=The dip, guac, and salsa with celery and tortilla chips= wine (I had 1 small glass then switched to tea), and we stood around and got caught up. Then played a couple hands of cards. Then had soup (stuffed cabbage soup without the stuffing of the cabbage). Then played another hand of cards. I didn't bother with dessert, good thing cause we all were stuffed, no need.

I had my typical breakfast. For lunch, I just ended up testing the dip and making adjustments, and had a cup of tea.

I have absolutely no idea how to track that so I won't, but I will say, I did not touch the chips, so I know my carbs are low, and I am also sure my protein was reasonable. So I am not worried.

My sleep last night was good, but too short. I was in bed for only 7:40, but slept for 6:55, that is a 94% efficiency. I woke up 3 times, 1 DH got up to go potty, 1 his alarm went off (he is flying over to take DD to lunch today), and 1 was my typical weekday wake up time. The thing that I am most excited about is that I am getting at least 1 very long stretch of uninterrupted sleep every night, and usually 2. This has to have a positive effect on my life!

Chris, I don't even know where to start. You are positively radiating wonderful energy vibes over the internet. Go, you! I don't know if you are losing weight yet, but you are making some really good changes in your life. I'm with you on the sleep - when that is in line, the rest just falls into place!

Thanks, I feel so much better than I have in a while. No doubt the sleep has the most to do with it, but obviously the diet is helping the sleep.

I am actually getting afraid to get on the scale, because I fear I haven't lost weight and then I will have to start tweaking and I don't wanna. Luckily I don't plan to get on until I go to see the doc in March. I want to see what my scale says compared to hers, especially since I will have clothes on for hers, I don't want her number to depress me.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    How do your clothes feel?

So jealous on the sleep, mine has been so lacking bc of the play and it made it hard to stay on plan the way I would have liked. It is done now, so I am going to join you Wonder gals! So excited for all of us.

I just want to not balk at the mirror. I just don't recognize this body as me, I am excited to let the real me emerge. I am ready to meet her again, and appreciate her this time. I am starting to see my body as a hot rod I am restoring. Maybe I should pick one that speaks to me as a totem of sorts.