Page 242 of 624 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 6239

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 242

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Measure now, you can put them in MFP and at least be able to go from here. You will be sorry when you reach your goal that you didin't do it!

Yeah I don't feel too bad about yesterday, except that I stood at the pantry with my handful and ate it there. I really want to stop that sort of behavior. I need to sit down and eat. No lurking in the pantry.

What if you got pretty little 1 oz cups for those snacks. Its measurable, thought based and pleasurable.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Usually I put my salad on my food scale and measure as I add things (ie. the nuts). Or if I am just going to eat them, I pull out a small plate and measure, Last night was just weird, I went and grabbed the nuts while I was waiting for my tea to brew. I had not done the lurking in quite a while.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You're still doing good! My problem is that I'm eating as much as you ladies, and I'm much shorter, so that's problematic

Can't wait to see the display pictures!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    D, did you notice that you walked away from lurking quickly. When I do things like that I like to measure it against my past habits. Were you completely mindless while eating? Did you realize what you were doing half way through and modify by walking away? Celebrate all changes!

Oh no, way better than in the past. I would normally have stood there and picked at any open container and this time I just did a handful of the nuts and was done. I was mindful, because there is a box of crackers (open) in there I could have went after but chose what I thought would satisfy the need without blowing the whole day out of the water. So yeah, I am not feeling too badly about it.

I'm getting better about the lurking myself. I don't ever want to live without DH (and mom for that matter), but it would be a lot simpler, food wise, without them. I wouldn't have any lurkable foods around.

Unfortunately for me, it doesn't require that it be a lurkable food. I think I have mentioned before that I once binged on brussel sprouts and ranch dip. The next day was not pleasant. So I need to get rid of the habit and not count on the food not being there.

Yesterday went well. DS had a rifle match that started at 5:00 and finally ended at 8, so we stopped to pick up a pizza on the way home. I thought about just scraping the stuff off of the crust, but then I thought "who am I kidding, the crust is the part I like, I will end up eating at least the edge if I go in there" So I mixed up some tampenade with some cream cheese, dipped half a bell pepper and some celery into it, had a cup of tea and called it a night.

the good news besides the fact that I resisted the pizza, is that DS ate about half of what he would normally have eaten (he has my genes and has a bit of a weight issue) and he shot his highest score ever. 544 out of a possible 600 with 12 center shots (a center shot is a perfect dead center bullseye, you can get a bullseye and it not be a dead center shot. Obviously center shots are a tad more impressive.) So he was pretty happy with himself.

STATS:
    Calories 1632 (1700)
    Carbs 31g/7% (35g)
    Net Carbs 18g (20g)
    Fat 144g/77% (140)
    Protein 69g/17% (70)

Pretty spot on! Sleep was pretty good, I got to bed late so I didn't have time to get enough sleep, but got a few long stretches so I feel pretty good this morning.

Wow, Chris, I'm impressed with the pizza. Like, really impressed. I can resist, but only because I can't do gluten or dairy. Not sure I could if I could eat those foods, especially if I was hungry. And, what a spot-on day!!! Woo hoo. I'm so proud of how well my MDA friends are doing lately!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I'm so proud of how well my MDA friends are doing lately!
    Me too. All you ladies are kicking total butt.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    yeah on the pizza. However, the pizza hut in my small town has gotten used to making me a crustless pizza. Its YUM and full of fat! He also got me the stats so I could record it in my journal!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.