Page 240 of 609 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 6087

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 240

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    hmm, maybe that is where my problem is? I wonder if I would have gained as much if I had not been dieting, basically non-stop for 40+ years. If that doctor from 8th grade had not told my mother that her 150 pound distance swimmer needed to lose weight, and then had he not given me the speed (yes he gave an 8th grader drugs), which caused the very first of many yo-yo cycles. Would I still be 150 pounds? Ahh, Paula, there is regret for you.

OK....I have glimmers of things that tell me I may be in ketosis, the bad taste in my mouth makes an occasional appearance, the sleep is great....and today I got a lot done! Went grocery shopping, then cleaned the kitchen (top to bottom), pruned my roses then realized that even with the sun shining bright, 35 degrees and windy is too much for yard work, so I went downstairs and stripped a table I have had waiting for me for months. Then did Tabata with DS (2 sets @ of 20 seconds as hard as we could of jumprope, stair master, jumping jacks, and run in place, with a 10second break to change position between each) By then the mineral spirits were totally dry and I went down and put a coat of urethane on the table. Most productive day off I have had in a very long time.

Food today is back to what I like since I went to the grocery, so I am feeling good about that too. Almost time to start dinner, chicken thighs and salad. And I am making ice cream for the boys. It is just 1/2 & 1/2, 1/4th cup of brown sugar, and PB. I don't care for PB ice cream so it is easy to resist, and at least with homemade it is low sugar and the best possible ingredients.

wow, that was a productive day. It felt good. The only problem is that while my body was spent by the time I went to bed I could not turn off my brain. It was working through all the details of the various projects I have started and not finished or have wanted to start, etc. So I had trouble falling asleep. As a consequence I only actually slept 6:40 with an 89% efficiency. The efficiency is still pretty high because I actually didn't bother to get in bed till 30 minutes later than planned.

Food went well. It felt good, even though I was home, because I stayed busy. Also, since I had everything I wanted to eat I didn't have to settle for anything. For some reason, settling at one meal sort of messes with my whole day. I need to learn to be more flexible.

STATS:
    Calories:1592
    Carbs 31g/7% (35g)
    Net Carbs 16g/4% (20g)
    Fat 140g/76% (140g)
    Protein 68g/17% (70g)

Wind chill is 15 degrees right now, gonna drive DS to school, then off to work!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    WOW on your productive day. I do not think I have hit ketosis yet. I think just when I am on the brink, I do something to throw me off. However, congrats on your ketosis!! I can make a card for that! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I love your cards!

So a good day yesterday. Did not feel as productive as my day off, but still good. The food is starting to fall into place, the cravings for ending meals with something sweet (and more substantial than tea) are going away. And I am just anxiously awaiting the treadmill.

STATS:
    Calories 1603 (1700)
    Carbs 34g/8% (35g)
    Net Carbs 20g/5% (20g)
    Fat 137g/75% (140)

That is about as spot on as it gets. My calories still consistently don't match my macros, but luckily I am not counting them as closely as the macros, so its all good, just odd.

Work today, gotta finish that exhibit. Tomorrow we have a crowd of almost 100 coming to have dessert and view the exhibit. I have to pick up the dessert from Whole Foods. I also signed up to take dessert to a new neighbor, so I will pick that up while I am there so I don't have to make anything, less temptation that way.
    Protein 70g/17% (70g)

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oooo look at the smart girl making decisions that will help not sabotage her goal! I need to look at your journal. Our percents are about the same but my calories and such is much lower. I wonder if I would feel as good or better if I could shift it a bit to keep the percentages but at a higher caloric uptake. On the other hand.. here is how you get the 1200-1300 calories the doc wanted..LOL!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I don't think I would feel as good if I was trying to maintain 1200 calories, if it was do or die I would work it out, but...

My food is pretty boring, I make the same morning shake every day (I am using up my whey right now, but when I run out I am going to switch it to 2 eggs-sort of an instant egg nog), I eat egg/avocado salad with a small bit of cheese for lunch, and a big bowl of mixed greens with some protein for dinner (meat if I made it for the boys, nuts and seeds if the boys got pasta). I put an HWC/coconut milk (from a can) mix in my tea if I need more fat, and skip it if I don't. It is working, I feel good, it is yummy, and it is easy. Now, and I releasing fat? I dunno, but I feel better than I have in a very long time.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Chris, You did great yesterday! I am proud of you for avoiding the scale. So strong.

Karin, when you multiply your macro goals, fats by 9 and carb/protein by 4, do you get 1200-1300 cals?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Thanks, actually not getting on the scale is just as addicting as getting on it once you get started on it, the feeling of not having my emotions linked to a number is very freeing. And well, look where getting on it everyday got me! It is much easier for me to not try to tweak everything this way. Giving the body time to heal and adjust and respond. Especially once I finally got it into my thick skull, that a good day did not always show up on the scale, and a bad day didn't either, so daily weigh ins for me only made my life worse and virtually no good came of them, well except of course on those days when there was an unexpected down turn!

My macros don't seem to be adding up to the calories, good thing I don't believe exact count is that important, and why I really want to eventually get to a point where I can listen to my body telling me how much to eat!