Page 239 of 605 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 6049

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 239

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yay for the treadmill. We are walking again and it feels so good. I like walking. I think it is under-rated.

More exciting, though, look at your sleep!!! Mine is slowly improving, but I don't think anything like yours.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I felt and looked better when my low days for steps were 10,000 and I averaged 12,000 (this was years ago). Right now my low days are 6,500 and I average 7,500. My doc actually said she didn't care if I did any other exercise if I would just commit to walk 30 minutes every single day. Well, I never quite got to doing 7 days on the treadmill and the summer was not consistent, but now I have an eating plan that makes me feel good and apparently sleep well too, so I know I can do it 7 days a week.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    10,000 steps is actually a lot. I think for an "average" person, it's something like 5 miles. Beings as I sit on my rear at work all day, I have to work hard to get this in!

I think it was PaleoBird who said at one point that on NK, she actually felt like moving. I'd agree. When you feel well and sleep well, things like walking feel good.

Yes, and now that I work twice as many hours that is 2x's the amount of sitting on my butt. So the treadmill is super important now. Although since my hours increased, oddly, my steps did not decrease. Weird. and yes for me, it is about a mile for every 2,000 steps.

I am now to the point where my brain is saying "ok, what are we going to do now" the body is still lagging a little behind. But man when my body catches up to my brain, I am going to get some shit done!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I have utmost faith and confidence in your ability to succeed!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Have you managed to start tracking yet?
    No, I haven't. When I weigh on Feb 1st I'll see how it looks. If I am holding steady or up a bit I'll force myself to learn. Am I having too few calories? Am I having too many calories? Am I getting enough fat?? One step at a time. This month was reducing my coffee and increasing my water. Next month I will learn to track. Hmmm.......I do love following game trails in the woods. This could work!

Oh, not that kind of tracking, huh? Darn. That one I can do.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think finding the plan for optimal health is like following game trails in the woods. The outcome is not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I think finding the plan for optimal health is like following game trails in the woods. The outcome is not guaranteed.
    Amen to that! Love the journey, though.

it is totally about the journey isn't it!

The thing that keeps me tracking is that I have evidence of the trail so I know what to do if I need to change something, I will know what I did. The only time in the past 5 years that I have really lost weight, I did not track and I didn't weigh, and I couldn't duplicate it, lost information I can never get back.

You get an A+ for perseverance, though. From what I can tell, you've never given up.