Page 236 of 641 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 6405

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 236

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Chris- you probably are but are you looking at where you are loading your fats? I just mention it because I did well yesterday front loading the fat in the morning.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    LUNCH break!

Actually, Karin, I did focus on that for the couple of days I did well and then I sort of slipped. I front loaded the fats, back loaded the carbs, and evenly distributed the protein. It was very successful. Thanks for the reminder.

So I was thinking while I was working (what I am doing today is mindless-mounting and cutting photos), yes thinking mind you. I felt better the 2 days that I went over a bit than I did the other days, and (TMI alert) and my BMs were much better (ie. I felt like I actually pretty much cleared the waste).

So I am wondering if since I have at least 100 pounds to lose if it wouldn't be better if I shot for about the half way mark and then as I get closer I could redo the macros for the low goal weight. I also worry that if I am hitting the low mark I don't have anywhere to go when I hit a plateau. Maybe not shoot for those numbers as much as use it as the high end of the range?

So that would be 90kg. (200lbs)

Which would be...
    90g protein
    180g fat
    45g carb
    2150 calories

Now I think these numbers are too high, but I know that at long as I am under 2,000 I am below what I was averaging before I started this. I do think that my carbs probably need for the most part to stay under 35g, but if once a week or so my fat and protein crept up I don't think it would be a bad thing. Especially if when my protein crept up I kept the carbs really low.

What do you guys think?

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I keep contemplating the same thing myself. If I go so low now, what will I do when I hit a plateau (which happens to us all). I would say this - if you are (1) feeling good; and then (2) starting to make progress on losing weight, then why not go to higher calories?

I'm wondering -- and I have no basis at all for this -- if you fix your protein and carbs at the lower level, but upped the fat.

TMI (since we're sharing here) - I was worried about BMs with my carbs being so low. I've not had any problems, as long as I keep the fat up.

Here is my thought on it. The macros are what we should be eating when we reach our goal weight. Didn't we calculate our weight in KG for the, what was it, hot in a swimsuit etc.? I know a plateau will happen however, as long as you keep to it, technically you will break through it. The stats we have now are what we need to sustain the weight we want to be. Correct?
    Karin

Actually I think that is pretty much what I will do. I wonder if I am not getting close to TOM, because I am thinking desserty type things, which I did not a couple of days ago. So, Thursday, I made a mix of melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, coconut, and stevia then let it harden in the fridge and ate it like a chocolate bar. It was yummy, but ate it after I had hit my macros.

Now, actually look back at the past 2 days (when I went over) my proteins were too high at lunch which led to them being high at dinner which led to looking for sweets? I think we already decided that when protein is high it has the same effect as carbs that are high. Gotta get back to 25g or less per sitting of protein. so, yes, I will allow the fat to creep up but be strict with the protein and carb.

Sure, Karin, throw in reason! So maybe, I stick to the macros as I figured them out, and toss in some extra fat on days when I am craving something or when I hit a plateau. If I don't answer a craving it ends up being a binge sooner or later.

Can you alter the macros on MFP?
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I can't get the MFP macros exactly the way I want them. I can get them close, but exact. Although I know what I want them to be, it drives me crazy when it says I'm "over" on carbs, and I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Sure, Karin, throw in reason! So maybe, I stick to the macros as I figured them out, and toss in some extra fat on days when I am craving something or when I hit a plateau. If I don't answer a craving it ends up being a binge sooner or later.
    there you go.. you have a plan and should be able to divert disaster.

MFP gives me a crazy amount of carbs and very little fat Oh pass the bacon!!
    Karin