Page 234 of 618 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 6171

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 234

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I feel certain that it is what we do consistently that makes the real difference, not what we do today so much.

I say that to convince myself...

Yesterday was a weird day. I found myself at home, alone, unexpectedly, with extra time on my hands. DH went out of town and DS had a meeting after school so I didn't have to take him to rifle practice. Now why does this sort of thing trigger thoughts of "what can I eat?" I roamed around for a while thinking about what I could eat. Then decided to make a little sweet, taking 2T of coconut oil melted, adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder, 2T of coconut, a few drops of stevia and chilling it. That worked well, ate it and all thoughts of cheating left my mind.

But them later, I was hungry. Not stomach hungry, but like I needed some eggs. Really needed some fried eggs. So I fried up 4 (yes 4) in 2T of butter, with a T of chopped bacon. And thoroughly enjoyed them. It was a very odd feeling though, because I didn't think "gosh I am hungry what should I eat" it was totally "I need eggs now, but I am not really hungry, but I need eggs now"

The other odd thing, those little desserts that were calling my name earlier in the week, actually got moldy because no one ate them, which sort of informs me as to who actually eats the leftover goodies in the house normally.

Anyway, Stats:
    Calories 1997 (1700)
    Carbs 32g/18% (35g)
    Fat 170g/76% (140g)
    Protein 90g/16% (70g

So numbers (except for carbs) are high, but the percentages are still good.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    LOL on who eats the leftovers. Me too.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'm with you, Chris. I think a lot about consistency. If I can string together enough "good" days, I have good results. All this talk of eggs is making me want some

[And, yes, I know who eats the leftovers in my house, too.]

that is actually why I don't do the whole make enough for 2 meals. I made DH some meatloaf so he could take it to work. It was 4 days in the fridge and he said you can have the rest, I think it may be past its prime (ie gone bad). I threw it away, because of course, DS isn't going to eat it, and it had oatmeal (per his request) in it so I am not going to eat it.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    eggs.. yum.. I am thinking when I need a lower protein eggs would be the way.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am eating a lot of eggs, at least 2 a day, every day. As I remember it, the one time I did Low Carb, I lost weight, and ate quite a few eggs. I just kept a dozen boiled ones in the fridge. very useful things they are.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I've been focusing on the yolks. I can really only do about 50 g of protein a day and it adds up fast!

I have not really been doing any meat to speak of. Although right now I have been having a beef broth, ground beef, cabbage, and tomato soup for lunch. But it isn't that high in protein, then doing the eggs for dinner. I did go over yesterday in protein and fat, by a pretty decent amount. I have been shooting for less than 25g of protein per meal, it is easier to control that way.

Hey do you track on MFP?

I do (most days) RMS123

friend me and we can check out each other's diary then. My username is the same as here (demuralist)