Page 231 of 546 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 5460

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 231

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My DH is an accountant. He would prefer I didn't spend the money, but if I am going to spend he obviously prefers thrift. 90% of our non-grocery expenditures are from the secondary market.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Get something really tacky to hang on the bedroom wall from the thrift store also . You might hate it (for the time you let it hang there) but it will also make you laugh!

I love it, crushed velvet Elvis is what I am thinking!

STATS:
    Calories: 2175
    Carbs 33g (goal 35) 5%
    Fat 201g (goal 140) 81%
    Protein 77g (goal 70g) 14%

Technically 2100 calories is still low enough for me to lose fat, and my percentages are good, so I am not going to fret these 2 days and just work harder at inching those numbers down.

yesterday's cream cheese clouds were a bad idea, they are too yummy. I just do not do well with that sort of "allowed dessert" in the house. I will not be doing that again. I also think I need to figure out a way to just drink when I get home from work, so I will either add a tsp of CO to tea and whip it, or drink some bone broth.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya. I can't make these sweet fat bombs. I eat too much. I can make a savory fat bomb and be totally fine.

How's the treadmill shopping going? I know you'll (more than likely) end up with your Costco one. At least going to GW, etc. is enjoyable (Unfortunately, I'm a lot like your DH, though not as extreme.)

I will let him know tomorrow the results of the shopping are that I will be ordering the Costco treadmill.

Today I found a fantastic low trunk, to use for an ottoman (this is why I am waiting a day to break the news on the treadmill-I am sure he thinks the one we have is just fine). So cool $200 from an outlet connected to a designers showroom here. It needs cleaned up and is made from reclaimed materials so it looks really old. The one we have is a cheapie leather one, the leather is cracking and the hinges are not working. I will donate it. I also found a frame at the same place, for the art work over the bed. I will stain it to darken it up, but it is wonderful! It had a mirror in it and the mirror broke so they sold me the frame for $90, it is 36"x40" or so gilded wood. Now I need to find 2 smaller ones that are as ornate. More thrift shopping, yeah!!

I also found some great clothes bargains. An awesome trench in a pale limeish green color, a spring jacket in hot pink, a black and white top, a purple plaid top, and a short light rain jacket (which I desperately needed) all for $32! gotta love goodwill!

Wow, what a great day of shopping!!!

I adore GW. For work, I try to wear nice stuff - Ann Taylor, Talbots, etc. I find 90% at GW. The rest, end of clearance at the outlets, if we travel near one at sale time.

I don't have great luck there, I think women my size tend to wear their stuff out thinking they are going to lose weight so they don't want to buy new stuff! My daughter has fantastic luck there though.

I can't wait to be a size 6 or 8. That's where the really good stuff is. (I've never been that small, but I remain hopeful. It might take me years, but hey, I've still (hopefully) got years).
    -- Ruth

Yesterday was a good day, even though I had a snack and it was 3 of those coconut clouds. I was running errands and got started late. I didn't want to stop and eat lunch, so I chose the clouds. It worked very well and my macros and calories stayed in line. Also got the cool stuff.

STATS for the day...
    Calories 1702
    Carbs 32g (35g is goal)- fiber 14g = net 18g 4%
    Fat 150 (goal is 140) 79%
    Protein 73 (goal is 70) 17%

So we again have the confusing numbers that my calories are spot on but my fat grams are over (Protien is high but carbs are low so they balance each other calories wise). This is obviously not as precise a science as I would like!