Page 230 of 665 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 6645

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 230

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ooo, hadn't thought of that honeybuns! thanks, I will work on it when I get home. Now I am really excited!

she had entered 2008, so it wasn't even a little off. If she had just turned the monitor around and let me check we would have been done with it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

So DH came home with guns loaded (so to speak) last night. We have been in our home for 9 years, I am not done with it yet. I like to decorate by collecting as opposed to "buying the room". He wants things done. So our bedroom is not quite done, there is nothing above the bed. He called from work yesterday to say there was a vender there who had a photo that was the perfect size for over the bed. Here is the problem, I am an artist. I don't buy corporate art. I also am on my 5th plan for that space. (#1 fell through because I could not get one of my BFF's to print her photos, #2 fell through because I could not make a reasonable facsimile of her photos, #3 I could not get it to work, #4 fell through because he didn't like it-now it hangs in spare room, #5 is in progress). So I was a tad peeved when he called and he was peeved that I was not overjoyed with his good news that he found a "painting".

When he gets home I explain to him, if he had taken the time to listen after any of the times he nagged me about that space he would know what was going on. Well that set it off. He then says there are more than a few projects that I have not completed. To which I say that there are more that I have completed. He concedes this point. But then tells me to look for the treadmill at Goodwill or something because those things sit and most people don't use them. To which I say I will look, but he knows that I use it, as he has seen me on it. He says once or twice, I say because I am home an hour and a half after you leave for work and usually do it then. I stopped when I had to start taking you to work. Then the treadmill stopped. He said whatever and walked away.

I ended up eating 4 fat bombs.

The STATS:
    Calories 2124
    Carbs 35g & 6% (spot on) - Fiber 18g = 17g Net
    Fat 193g & 79%(way high, 140 goal)
    Protien 82g & 15%(tad high, 70 goal)

So the percentages are still good.

p.s. thanks for letting me rant. I will go to Goodwill, and Salvation Army, and call Play it again Sports, and call Push Pedal Pull, and then I will order from Costco unless by some twist of fate one of the 2 machines I am looking for is in one of those places for a ridiculously low price. And he wonders what I do with my time!
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-11-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Or you could just order the one from Costco because they have a fantastic return policy if anything goes wrong with the treadmill. My nephew's 5 year old memory foam mattress developed divots and Costco replaced it with a brand new mattress.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I have no doubt I will get the one from Costco, for that reason and the delivery/set-up/take away the trash reason also. I had to do that with the one that just died but it was free, and I don't think I have it in me to do it again. But I will do the research, and the trips to Goodwill and Salvation Army are likely to cost him, I rarely leave there empty handed. I won't lie to him, I said I would do it so I will.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Husbands can be such a PITA. So you will waste all of your time today looking in those other places and then get it from costco anyway.

It really isn't a waste of time if she finds new-to-her clothing and things!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ah Good Point. I love shopping at SA and GW no guilt and great stuff.

Yeah Chris, buy yourself something just to spite him.

I will also pick up some nic nac type thing to lay around the house just to bug him. He HATES nic nac stuff. He doesn't really care if the house is what I call "clean" as long as it is what I call "picked up", ie. nothing on any horizontal surface. To me that looks like we are moving out, ie no personality. So he thinks I don't clean because I am not big on picking up after everyone. But I wash the floors on my hands and knees because I am a fanatic about dirt in the corners. When I vacuum I vacuum from ceiling to floor, including fans and walls. But I return the piles to their original spots.

Of course I will also pick up some new clothes or jewelry! But he won't notice that.

i LOVE shopping the secondary market (thrift stores)! I've made some terrific finds this year! DH can't complain because I've found him some really good stuff, too.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My DH is an accountant. He would prefer I didn't spend the money, but if I am going to spend he obviously prefers thrift. 90% of our non-grocery expenditures are from the secondary market.